Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Do you plan to sell the intel/amd mounting separately so someone could buy one block and use it on either platform?

Reactions: sos

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
I had to take a emergency trip back home for 10 hours and got to open this bad boy up. Everything looks beautiful. So excited for when I get done with training.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Do you plan to sell the intel/amd mounting separately so someone could buy one block and use it on either platform?
Nope, as answer in earlier posts, it's not just the mount but the mounting screws also. And we are offering "complete" products. And shipping costs on such small value items is not worthwhile

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@Nouvolo what's international shipping like? Specifically to Canada and will there be any duties?
We use fedex and should take on average 7-10 days to reach destination.
Price should be USD64 (TBC) + shipping + your local taxes.
Not sure what's CA tax/tariff rate and if there is only tax above certain value. Check your gov page : https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html
Looks like 5-13% depending on which province.

Please check our website about prices and terms & conditions.

Reactions: gwertheim

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
We use fedex and should take on average 7-10 days to reach destination.
Price should be USD64 (TBC) + shipping + your local taxes.
Not sure what's CA tax/tariff rate and if there is only tax above certain value. Check your gov page : https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dtytx-drttx-eng.html
Looks like 5-13% depending on which province.

Please check our website about prices and terms & conditions.

If the product is fully made in the US, it should be duties free if I'm not mistaken. Just wondering about that. Is it made in USA?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
As Aquanaut seems to perform fine, I am announcing launch date to be 1 Oct 2020 ? ? Those who miss the early order can go to www.nouvolo.com to purchase from this date.

I searched a bit and couldn't seem to find confirmation, but are the AMD / Intel plates going to be available for purchase as add-ons in case I end up doing a platform switch sometime down the line?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Nope, as answer in earlier posts, it's not just the mount but the mounting screws also. And we are offering "complete" products. And shipping costs on such small value items is not worthwhile
Would it add too much logistics complexity to offer a “both” sku? I.e. there would be no option to buy only the plate/screws, but one could buy the block + both plates/screw sets as a single transaction? I’m guessing a lot of people might be willing to pay an extra $10 to have both “just in case” (and hopefully increase your margin in the process)

Reactions: sos

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

Nouvolo is an undercover plant for AMD, boys! Now I'm definitely going Ryzen so I don't need to swap pumps :p

Hilarious jokes aside, totally understood. Thanks for confirming!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Would it add too much logistics complexity to offer a “both” sku? I.e. there would be no option to buy only the plate/screws, but one could buy the block + both plates/screw sets as a single transaction? I’m guessing a lot of people might be willing to pay an extra $10 to have both “just in case” (and hopefully increase your margin in the process)
try here ?

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
My x570 mobo supports intel mounting so it might be possible to purchase the intel version for some of yall.
I would just check your mobo's manual.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Now that's it's confirmed to fit 3 slot mode in T1, I can order this beauty! Is there a specific time in the day when the orders will open?

Reactions: fabio

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
Here are some pictures showing motherboard clearance with the Strix X570-I. There's about 5mm between the heatsink and the water block

Could you please list all the fittings that were used. Most of all I am interested in what Koolance QDC fittings are used here, for what are the diameter of soft tubing.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
While waiting for the site to allow for orders, I came up with a question (suggestion?) for you, @Nouvolo:

I can't see if this has been said explicitly, but the cold plate looks to be entirely CNCed, including the microfins. Have you looked into getting the cold plate skived instead? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind going with a CNCed solution - is it because of accessibility, price, or performance? A lot (if not most) great water cooling cold plates seem to have skived microfins. Would that be a possible change for a future revision? At least on paper, skiving allows for thinner and denser fins, i.e. more surface area without significantly increased flow restriction.