Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
You should update the first post mate.

Also curious to see how this compares to the Techn block which i have but haven't installed yet.

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Will there be an option to paint a little mouth underneath the right angle fitting "eyes"?

Last edited:

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I just realized that the 2 dots I added as nostrils ended up looking like eyes and spoiling the illusion. Image re-touched and updated above...

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
[2021-08-25] Leakage / fill port / bleeding test
  • Fill ports - loop filled via fill port (on the "in side"). Special care is needed if filled via the "out side", as water pressure may push water out, solution is to extend a length of tube to prevent overflow
  • bleeding - issue not specific to Aquanaut but seems air pockets/bubbles can get stuck inside the radiator. More bubbles appear when I tilt the rad. Suggest users to tilt their rig about to have the bubbles slide along the loop (also within the water block)
  • flow rate / bleeding - ramping flow rate up and down can also help push bubbles along the loop
  • POM bleeding - tilting the rig about and ramping flow rate up and down is the only way to make sure bubbles are pushed out of the block. Can't see through, guess work needed
  • Let the loop settles - seems the smallest bubbles will dissolve away after letting the loop sit idle for a while. Seems impossible to get those out when filling, with the liquid sloshing about, bubbles just keep popping out
Another design improvement not previously mentioned is that the blocks are now clamped down in the middle with 4 more screws, i.e. total of 6 screws. It should prevent some rare cases of warping. Cold plate is now 4mm thick, and should not warp, unless something went wrong in the installation process 😉 .

Will leave it running for a full day...
IMG_1312.jpg

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
🤣🤣🤣
@Nouvolo Can you please make this? Just one? You would no doubt find someone willing to pay a hefty premium for that :p

(though, thinking about it, it would reach pretty high levels of body horror in an actual loop with the tubes going into the eye sockets 😬 )
It also works with TMNTs .... 🤫