Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That's better pricing than I was afraid of, definitely not bad. I likely won't be a day 1 order, but if performance is better I'll definitely want to get one for my 5800X down the line.

LanceL

Efficiency Noob
Jun 9, 2017
Just joined this thread. May I ask in short what is this better version ? And when do you think it will be available approximately?

LanceL

Efficiency Noob
Jun 9, 2017
Just joined this thread. May I ask in short what is this better version ? And when do you think it will be available approximately?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
It's detailed a few pages back here. Essentially it's an entirely new product, with a new cold plate, different flow path, additional fill port(s), and hopefully improved performance due to the first two points.

Reactions: sos and rfarmer

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
It's detailed a few pages back here. Essentially it's an entirely new product, with a new cold plate, different flow path, additional fill port(s), and hopefully improved performance due to the first two points.
Both will be available going forward. The og will be for budget users and the newer one for more advanced/premium users.

Aquanaut Basic (OG) - basic, stock config / CPU cooling [pricing : budget]
Aquanaut Extreme - overclocking config / CPU + GPU loop [pricing : premium / advanced]

Last edited:

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
Both will be available going forward. The og will be for budget users and the newer one for more advanced/premium users.

Aquanaut Basic (OG) - basic, stock config / CPU cooling [pricing : budget]
Aquanaut Extreme - overclocking config / CPU + GPU loop [pricing : premium / advanced]
Any ETA for the Extreme version or may be too early ???
Hope to see a performance comparaison with the Basic version :)

Reactions: sos and eedev

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Any ETA for the Extreme version or may be too early ???
Hope to see a performance comparaison with the Basic version :)
Prototyping now, waiting for factories to deliver samples. After the CNC parts are ok, can then finalize o-ring length, parts dimensions for packaging, etc, takes couple months at least.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
[2021-08-12] development update
  • to be offered in 2 options :
    1. Copper cold plate / solid black POM block
    2. Nickel cold plate / clear acrylic block
no separate cold plates and blocks offered at this moment
  • cold plate [finalized, bulk production in 21/08]
  • water blocks [prototyping, minor adjustment, , bulk production scheduled 21/08]
  • mounting brackets (AM4, 115X) [finalized, bulk production in 21/08]
  • packaging and other minor parts (o-rings, screws, hex key etc.) [sourced & finalized, procure at later stage]
  • product name: Aquanaut Extreme (?)
  • both Intel 115X & AMD AM4 mounting kits included in one package
  • *major parts future proof for Intel LGA 1700, upgrades will be offered
*no guarantee, but try best to follow currently available information, possibly with new (intel) back plate

Let me know what you think of the product name, suggestions welcome.

Cold plate Specification
  • thickness : 4mm😲
  • fin stack : 2mm (depth), ~0.2mm (width/gap), 40x40mm (area) [full coverage for all current desktop CPUs]
This thing should be best in class, totally comparable with Optimus.
aq-coldplate-final.jpg

Update: will do flow and leakage test once blocks are ready

Last edited:

MozzieT

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2021
Amazing work. To say i'm excited would be a severe understatement. Will keep an eye on progress here as I am itching to order as soon as available 😁

Torquednb

Cable Smoosher
Nov 16, 2020
Sign me up 4 the POM version

I Love You Reaction GIF

Reactions: eedev

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Why there is no this 2 options?
3. Copper cold plate / clear acrylic block
4. Nickel cold plate / solid black POM block

I think nickel+pom would be my choice.
probably have to do with reducing the complexities in SKU / inventory management, and to lesser extent production MOQs for each of the core components. my guess is the chosen 2 were selected on the basis of - acrylic top = showy, LED builds, thus nickel cold plate for the visual, whereas POM top is for stealth build focusing more on performance, thus copper cold plate.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Why there is no this 2 options?
3. Copper cold plate / clear acrylic block
4. Nickel cold plate / solid black POM block

I think nickel+pom would be my choice.
2 options only, to lower investment costs, inventory and SKUs. More options will probably lead to higher price. So I picked lower price solution for you 😂.

Anyways black looks good with copper color. If you want nickel+pom, buy x2 units 😉 . Appreciate your support.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
2 options only, to lower investment costs, inventory and SKUs. More options will probably lead to higher price. So I picked lower price solution for you 😂.

Anyways black looks good with copper color. If you want nickel+pom, buy x2 units 😉 . Appreciate your support.
While I too would definitely have gone for a nickel+POM version, I can live with bare copper. I've heard enough stories of nickel plating coming off in people's loops (apparently not all plating methods are suited for water loops?) to be happy with copper. My bare copper EK CPU block was happy enough in my loop for more than three years without cleaning, so as long as the alloy is decent copper should be more than fine :)

What are the final measurements of the block? Especially interested in height without a pump and with a standard DDC (no heatsink or similar). Would also love to see some thermal and flow comparisons to the original.