Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

lehman

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2019
Honestly, I wonder if anyone can make a thinner water block than Aquanaut (in acrylic). Although I try to make it as compact as possible, I am creating Aquanaut for all SFF cases. It would be great if it fits T1, but already at <50mm, just in case anybody asks, and for the record?, I will not (and probably cannot) make it go lower specially for T1. You can ask T1 to go thicker instead ?

Edit: Aquanaut acrylic blocks total height is 21mm (3mm coldplate), and with pump impeller cavity of 8.5mm (unavoidable), I only have 12mm to play with. Just you know my engineering constraints.

Sub 40 if you used the SPC pump. Though the shortest fittings at 19mm would make the total height at 40mm.

But how many cases need something that small?

Lehman

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I would love Delrin/POM!!!

Delrin has a pretty bad CTE (~120ppm/K) which is about 80% higher than acrylic, and my experience with paintball marker bolt assemblies made of Delrin was that they would swell and jam on particularly hot days; not sure if I'd want threads with such a large thermal deformation potential that close to a CPU.

What benefit does Delrin have over copolymers like Acetel?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
How much do you think it can charge for? It's always just about how much it can sell vs the cost.?

I'm not sure of the benefit of changing the whole top. At least in my use case, you can barely see the Aquanaut.

If you wanted some bling, maybe a change to the design to allow a vanity plate?

Edit: A vanity plate cut out might also allow rotary fittings to be use rather than angle adaptors, if you can save a couple of mm in the vanity plate cut out....

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I just did this for someone on reddit, so here are clearance measurements for reference:
  • Clearance from motherboard to mesh on T1 in 3 slot GPU- 57.5mm
  • Aquanaut to motherboard - 33mm
  • EK-DDC 3.2 PWM pump - 21mm
  • Top of pump to motherboard with Aquanaut - 54mm

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
If someone's got the chance to test if the EK-Quantum Torque Rotary fittings would fit (or measure the hole distance of the ports), that would be super helpful, thanks!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
From other threads I follow, I believe it's Koolance QD3s: https://koolance.com/quick-disconnect-couplings-low-pressure-qd3

Selected for low flow impedance
Thanks! I've been looking at those before, as well as Swiftech's Lok-seal fittings, but of course both of those are nearly impossible to get a hold of here in Sweden. I can always order from the US, but shipping costs are ridiculous (as in 60% on top of an order of five QDCs). Really annoying stuff. Alphacool's QDCs look okay, but from what I can tell they're noticeably bigger.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks! I've been looking at those before, as well as Swiftech's Lok-seal fittings, but of course both of those are nearly impossible to get a hold of here in Sweden. I can always order from the US, but shipping costs are ridiculous (as in 60% on top of an order of five QDCs). Really annoying stuff. Alphacool's QDCs look okay, but from what I can tell they're noticeably bigger.
I order always from highflow or caseking, and I leave in Denmark!

Reactions: eedev

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I order always from highflow or caseking, and I leave in Denmark!
Hm, that's a pretty good idea. I just moved to Sweden, so I'm not used to ordering within the EU being an option. Thanks for the tip! I'm kind of annoyed that Koolance doesn't have a female-threaded G1/4 QD3 though (except for those ugly ones for mounting through a panel) - is wanting to screw your own fittings into the QDC really that unusual? But I guess I'd be able to live with using a f/f adapters to fix that.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hm, that's a pretty good idea. I just moved to Sweden, so I'm not used to ordering within the EU being an option. Thanks for the tip! I'm kind of annoyed that Koolance doesn't have a female-threaded G1/4 QD3 though (except for those ugly ones for mounting through a panel) - is wanting to screw your own fittings into the QDC really that unusual? But I guess I'd be able to live with using a f/f adapters to fix that.
They have actually! I have it!