Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
While I too would definitely have gone for a nickel+POM version, I can live with bare copper. I've heard enough stories of nickel plating coming off in people's loops (apparently not all plating methods are suited for water loops?) to be happy with copper. My bare copper EK CPU block was happy enough in my loop for more than three years without cleaning, so as long as the alloy is decent copper should be more than fine :)

What are the final measurements of the block? Especially interested in height without a pump and with a standard DDC (no heatsink or similar). Would also love to see some thermal and flow comparisons to the original.
Height without pump remains the same 24mm. Add another ~21mm minimum or more with pump depending on pump casing/heatsink. I expect thermals to be better than OG version.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I am now thinking of releasing a basic CPU water block with this cold plate. Let me know what you think. There are many plain CPU water blocks out in the market already, but a bigger market (more users). Do you think it's worth it?

Aquanaut Basic - plain CPU block (with RGB)
Aquanaut Combo - OG CPU/pump combo block
Aquanaut Combo Extreme -this new version

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I am now thinking of releasing a basic CPU water block with this cold plate. Let me know what you think. There are many plain CPU water blocks out in the market already, but a bigger market (more users). Do you think it's worth it?

If you think the demand is there and the margins make sense, I don't see why not. The original has been servicing my CPU well, but I'm definitely excited about the new version with a POM block.

Reactions: fabio

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

What would be the minimum height of the plain block with fittings? The Alphacool Eisblock has ports on the side of the block, making the whole thing 25.5 mm tall. I would love a better solution with that profile.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
What would be the minimum height of the plain block with fittings? The Alphacool Eisblock has ports on the side of the block, making the whole thing 25.5 mm tall. I would love a better solution with that profile.
I think this is a different product entirely then. It doesn't make sense to relocate the fittings to the side, since the DDC pump still has to sit on top of the block, and low profile fittings are about the same height as a heatsink-less DDC.

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
[2021-08-12] development update
  • to be offered in 2 options :
    1. Copper cold plate / solid black POM block
    2. Nickel cold plate / clear acrylic bloc

This Aquanaut Extreme/Premium/Pro/ II .... is what we have been waiting !!
Thanks for keeping improving thats awesome project ! Can't wait to see your tests result :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
Can’t wait for this release. I just moved my 5900X using OG Aquanaut out of my Meshlicious to a Velka 7/3090X build. Really need this product for my Hackintosh Meshy build with 11600k/6900XT!!! The it’s already built, just patiently awaiting this!!! Will buy as soon as it’s available. If you need early testers, let me know!!

will shipping to US still be incredibly high as it currently is with the OG Aquanaut?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
[2012-08-16] Prototype assembly
  • o-ring lengths measurement [done]
  • package design [wip]
  • major parts bulk production [in progress]
IMG_1233x1000.jpg IMG_1238x1000.jpg IMG_1234.jpg

O-ring installation can take some time and patience as there are a few bends. I will probably post a video on how to install/mold the o-ring into the channels. It will not come pre-installed, due to labour cost, and would also recommend users to clean the parts before installation to avoid and dirt and growth build up. I am sure this will not be a problem with enthusiasts here 😉

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
Progress on this has gone pretty smoothly thus far—barring any complications to that, may we have a rough idea of when it'll be available to order?

I'm planning a new build and I'm trying to decide whether or not I can wait for this or if I should go with a standalone solution instead.

Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Progress on this has gone pretty smoothly thus far—barring any complications to that, may we have a rough idea of when it'll be available to order?

I'm planning a new build and I'm trying to decide whether or not I can wait for this or if I should go with a standalone solution instead.
Hopefully ordering will open in 2021-09 (ish) 😛

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
performance testing soon? at least extreme vs standard to realise all the improvements you've made.
Will definitely do leakage test and check for decent flow rate, still waiting for custom length o-rings. But not sure about performance test yet. Still lots of logistics to handle. Will probably pass that on to you guys to work on 😅. I still have Steck v2 and other new products to work on after this.

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
Anyway you could offer both AMD and Intel mount in the same kit like AlphaCool cpu blocks? Or as an option to purchase additional mount?

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
Anyway you could offer both AMD and Intel mount in the same kit like AlphaCool cpu blocks? Or as an option to purchase additional mount?
Unless something has changed, that's already happening. See below:
[2021-08-12] development update
  • to be offered in 2 options :
    1. Copper cold plate / solid black POM block
    2. Nickel cold plate / clear acrylic block
no separate cold plates and blocks offered at this moment
  • cold plate [finalized, bulk production in 21/08]
  • water blocks [prototyping, minor adjustment, , bulk production scheduled 21/08]
  • mounting brackets (AM4, 115X) [finalized, bulk production in 21/08]
  • packaging and other minor parts (o-rings, screws, hex key etc.) [sourced & finalized, procure at later stage]
  • product name: Aquanaut Extreme (?)
  • both Intel 115X & AMD AM4 mounting kits included in one package
  • *major parts future proof for Intel LGA 1700, upgrades will be offered
*no guarantee, but try best to follow currently available information, possibly with new (intel) back plate

Let me know what you think of the product name, suggestions welcome.

Cold plate Specification
  • thickness : 4mm😲
  • fin stack : 2mm (depth), ~0.2mm (width/gap), 40x40mm (area) [full coverage for all current desktop CPUs]
This thing should be best in class, totally comparable with Optimus.
View attachment 1252

Update: will do flow and leakage test once blocks are ready