Production Aquanaut Basic/Extreme - Ultra Low Profile CPU Block & Pump Mount Combo

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
We would urge anybody with issues to email us directly with details. We can then better assess the problem with more information, and try to help solve and improve the product. Afterall we initially make this product to try serve a very specific needs for SFF builds.

Whether you like it or not, there is clearly compatibly issues with your product and a quick google on reddit shows many frustrated customers with your other products as well. This was only ever brought up on my part to give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to your questionable testing of 12th gen.

I just hope this serves as a PSA to possible future buyers as you clearly don’t wish to own the issue or address it fully.

“If it’s not from the deceptive region in France it’s not deception. It’s sparking lies.”

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
May 2022 Update :

Aquanaut Basic (previously Aquanaut Combo) is now available with some minor update. It now includes both AMD (AM4) and Intel (115x/1700) mounting kit as standard. Washers are also included and can be used optionally for better mounting pressure in some cases (may not be required for 115X).

There is a limited time discount offer for Aquanaut Extreme. You are welcome to check it out:

retrotics

Efficiency Noob
Mar 8, 2020
Hi, I'm trying to order the Aquanaut Basic to Norway, but it shows as unavailable to ship to my destination. I couldn't find an overview of shipping options/policies on the website. Is shipping to Norway not offered at all, or is this temporary?
Thanks.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi, I'm trying to order the Aquanaut Basic to Norway, but it shows as unavailable to ship to my destination. I couldn't find an overview of shipping options/policies on the website. Is shipping to Norway not offered at all, or is this temporary?
Thanks.
I have updated the online shopping system, please try again. Let me know if there are still issues. Note that Norway prices include VAT, and will be in USD.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Wonder if that would be an issue on the Aquanaut Basic
As mentioned already Aquanaut Basic is the same as Aquanaut Combo version but with both AMD (AM4) and Intel (115X/1700) mounting kit included. Cold plates between Basic/Combo and Extreme version are different, the one that comes with Extreme version is the ultra thin fin stack, whereas Basic/Combo includes cold plate with standard fin stack (common ones you get with other brands).

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Neville

Efficiency Noob
Nov 5, 2017
Instructions don't mention this, hence me asking.

Silver mounting screws = intel mounting?
Black mounting screws = amd mounting?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Update
Updated thumbscrews for AM4 sent out to those who have previously received ones that do not fit the AM4 back plate. And also sent out to SFFF testers (SFFF community privilege😉). You should receive email for tracking info.

If your thumbscrews are working just fine, you will not be receiving new thumbscrews. And you will not receive any email from us.

I'm one of the "early orders" and just came about to try and install it on an AM4 socket. Sure enough the screws don't fit.
I have not followed this thread, as I just assumed everything would be working fine.
So... I have never received the correct mounting screws, nor did I receive tracking info for them.

Can you please get back to me?

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I'm one of the "early orders" and just came about to try and install it on an AM4 socket. Sure enough the screws don't fit.
I have not followed this thread, as I just assumed everything would be working fine.
Also I have never received the correct mounting screws, nor did I receive tracking info for them.

Can you please get back to me?
replied to you via email

Reactions: Gerold

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
BTW, fedex asked me in Denmark, a total amount of 45 EUR. That is crazy.
I wish I had seen this sooner.

UPS are asking me for 40EUR/45USD for import fees. On top of the 29USD shipping...

For a $60 product I'm paying $70 in fees...

What are my options here? Can I refuse delivery for a full refund?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I wish I had seen this sooner.

UPS are asking me for 40EUR/45USD for import fees. On top of the 29USD shipping...

For a $60 product I'm paying $70 in fees...

What are my options here? Can I refuse delivery for a full refund?
Where are you from? EU country? If so, it should be normal for VAT to be charged to all imported goods and services.

Please ask UPS to clarify the "fees", VAT is required for any goods imported to your country (e.g. EU)
Please note that we have stated that our prices do not include local taxes. In any case if we prepay taxes for you, we would have added to the overall price anyway. The eventual price would have been the same (or very close to the same).

Our prices do not include taxes as rates are different for each country, and final price may vary. We previously offered to pre-collect taxes at the time of purchase (with increased price). But courier/shipping services terms & conditions have been constantly changing and costs have gone up, so we cannot offer DDP (pre-collect taxes) at this moment. Appreciate your understanding.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
We are now looking for ways to lower cost for buyers. i.e. we are looking for alternative shipping agents/methods. The big courier agents UPS/FedEx are constantly changing their terms and conditions and increase their charges every time.
There may be other methods e.g. EMS but may take longer (10-14 days+) , and we are also trying to find out how EU custom clearance works for those shipment methods.

Update : we have now re-activated Europe DDP (prices include taxes) for the moment. i.e. We will pre-collect VAT for European based buyers, and it will be reflected (higher) on the price.

Last edited:

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Where are you from? EU country? If so, it should be normal for VAT to be charged to all imported goods and services.

Please ask UPS to clarify the "fees", VAT is required for any goods imported to your country (e.g. EU)
Please note that we have stated that our prices do not include local taxes. In any case if we prepay taxes for you, we would have added to the overall price anyway. The eventual price would have been the same (or very close to the same).

Our prices do not include taxes as rates are different for each country, and final price may vary. We previously offered to pre-collect taxes at the time of purchase (with increased price). But courier/shipping services terms & conditions have been constantly changing and costs have gone up, so we cannot offer DDP (pre-collect taxes) at this moment. Appreciate your understanding.
Denmark, our VAT is 25% so I understand the need to pay the additional 4USD. The fact that UPS is charging the remaining 41USD for providing the service (Customs Clearance Fee & Customs is what burns.

If there is a way to avoid this by paying the VAT upfront, surely it saves time and money for the customer? I'll admit I'm likely being naive about how simple that is.

My question remains, what happens if I refuse the delivery...

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
We are now looking for ways to lower cost for buyers. i.e. we are looking for alternative shipping agents/methods. The big courier agents UPS/FedEx are constantly changing their terms and conditions and increase their charges every time.
There may be other methods e.g. EMS but may take longer (10-14 days+) , and we are also trying to find out how EU custom clearance works for those shipment methods.

Update : we have now re-activated Europe DDP (prices include taxes) for the moment. i.e. We will pre-collect VAT for European based buyers, and it will be reflected (higher) on the price.
I just created a new cart and the prices look the same for delivery to Denmark?

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Couriers almost always charge a lot to prepay VAT during custom clearance. I think the best solution for EU customers would be for the seller to register to the IOSS system and charge VAT during checkout.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
the price you paid does not include VAT. i.e. if product is USD100 , VAT = USD25, not just USD4 from shipping
So actual VAT for you would be around USD30