Discussion Any compatibility issues with SilverStone 800W SFX-L in Ncase M1?

oo7trigger

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 5, 2020
Hi everyone.!
Planning my build on Ncase M1 with an Asus tuf RTX 3080.
For PSU I wanted to go with Corsair SF750. But I found Corsair discontinued the item and recalling all the units because of some issues.
So the only available other option pc partpicker showed me is the SilverStone Technology 800W SFX-L, 80 Plus Titanium.
I just need to confirm there is no compatibility issues with choosing this PSU.

Thanks in advance.

elvendawn

Average Stuffer
Nov 12, 2020
Hi oo7trigger,

I don't have that PSU, but I have a Seasonic SFX-L PSU that fits fine. The only issue I found is the placement and direction of the plug on the PSU (same as the SilverStone) is backwards for the included extension cable that comes with the NCASE M1, it's a very tight fit trying to get the Right angle cable to plug into the PSU if it's already screwed into place. But you can always plug it in before you screw the mounting plate onto the case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
A guy commented of his Silverstone SX800-LTI PSU fitting into Ncase M1 v6.1.

He said:
"NCASE M1 v6.1 ships with a right-angled PSU cable by default, which makes it impossible to mount the SFX PSU in the ideal default position (intake facing outwards, as opposed to inside the case). This can be worked around by (carefully) cutting around the first, outermost angle limiter of the cable. Doing so allows the cable to bend just enough to allow this default mounting position.''

This sounds like a small modification that can easily be done.

Full reference link:-

Reactions: oo7trigger

oo7trigger

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Nov 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't really like the idea of bending too much or cutting the PSU cable for a tight fit. But I guess I have no other choice. Is there?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Found this thread here.

Thread 'Reverse Ncase Power Cable' https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/reverse-ncase-power-cable.11619/

Will this work for me
The LZMod one should work.

This one should also works too.