An introduction

Hi there!

I'm Jeroen, a 20 something living in Belgium. I've entered the non-lurking phase when it comes to PC building (and specifically SFF builds), so I decided to sign up for an account.
I've had a very basic understanding of PC building for the past 4 years or so but really started getting into custom builds when my interest in making hackintosh builds grew exponentially. After consuming an unhealthy amount of info, I systematically gravitated more towards SFF (and by extension this forum) mainly thanks to the good people over at NFC and J-Hack.

Some SFF related info:

I already have a small HTPC build with a Ryzen 3 3200g, powering it with a PicoPSU 150XT and an external power brick. But I really want to make it a brickless build with a Mean Well 200w PSU - and the J-Hack pure is sold out as I'm typing this - I'm still looking for the right case.
So I'm hoping for some directions towards a case that requires minimal but preferably no modding (I know OOTB support for a mean well PSU is a long shot though, but I'm still aiming for minimal mods).

Anyway, hope to see you guys around. Cheers!

Reactions: ParallaxStax

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Welcome! Seems we have similar builds in mind :)

While my MeanWell-powered HTPC build is currently on hold waiting for 4000-series APUs (and money ...) I have got the case in hand: a Lazer3D HT5 (forum thread here) in Bourbon. Beautiful, tiny, versatile (can fit a dual-slot LP GPU if you want, has stock mounting options for HDPlex DC-DC PSUs, internal panels for holding drives/fans), moddable (acrylic is easily cut, drilled, etc.), should be able to house my RPS-200-12 without issue on either side of the motherboard. Should you want anything custom made Kevin/@K888D was very accommodating to me at least, getting me an additional (lightly) customized top panel for a very reasonable price. For the DC-ATX unit i went with an ArchDaemon (I ordered through Gury's G-Unique discord channel, had it in hand less than a month later) stripped down to just the plug-in unit + EPS cable as I won't be using any SATA drives. Given my current lack of parts I haven't tried building the case yet (it's a flat-pack kit), but I have no doubt it will be relatively easy for an SFF build.

Reactions: drppr

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hi there,
welcome!

Hackintosh builds you say, thats very interesting. hope to see your builds soon

Reactions: drppr