Other AM4 ATX/mATX motherboard +low profile case combo?

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
The new APUs seem like a great budget, but AM4 ITX motherboards are pretty expensive for what's supposed to be something that would go well with APUs for budget builds.

Are there any good value combinations for a low profile ATX or mATX case and AM4 motherboard for the new 169 dollar APU?

Putting together the perfect volume/value build with one of these would be awesome and I would discount my RX 460 to a friend who could use the extra GPU horsepower more than me.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
The new APUs seem like a great budget, but AM4 ITX motherboards are pretty expensive for what's supposed to be something that would go well with APUs for budget builds.

Are there any good value combinations for a low profile ATX or mATX case and AM4 motherboard for the new 169 dollar APU?

Putting together the perfect volume/value build with one of these would be awesome and I would discount my RX 460 to a friend who could use the extra GPU horsepower more than me.

i heard that that is the stock cooler for the APUs... its a CoolerMaster X Dream A51 so the hight shouldn't be a problem

For the case in mATX:
Zalman ZM-T4 for 25$

or

CoolerMaster MasterBox Q300L for 39$

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Last edited:

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Low profile as in low profile pci expansion cards?
Something that could go under my monitor ~the height of my old proprietary HP 6005 Compaq Pro

It's the perfect height really. Fits right under the monitor so it's not wasting space, tall enough for a 90mm intake fan and half-height GPU/expansion cards. I'd imagine the PSU would have to be non-ATX though.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Something that could go under my monitor ~the height of my old proprietary HP 6005 Compaq Pro

It's the perfect height really. Fits right under the monitor so it's not wasting space, tall enough for a 90mm intake fan and half-height GPU/expansion cards. I'd imagine the PSU would have to be non-ATX though.

if you want a simple desktop then go with that:

https://www.aerocool.com.tw/en/chssis/pgs-c/cs101

...maybe you could find the older versions in the QS series on ebay

Reactions: JosephEK