Concept AIO Case Concept

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
CONTEXT:
Many enthusiasts enjoy space efficiency and take it to extremes, as demonstrated by this page. However, many enclosures still take up valuable desk space. Also, AIO sales have been slowly increasing for the time being. Given these two problems, it would be highly marketable and desirable to solve these two problems with one solution: an AIO case. However, with the lack of Thin Mini ITX boards on the market, said product must fit standard, off-the-shelf hardware.

GOALS/REQUIREMENTS:
  • Must fit standard hardware without modification
  • Must be relatively competitive in price compared to a similar monitor and premium case.
  • Must be durable
  • Must have features designed for convenience.
INSPIRATION:
  • Thin-mini ITX
  • Gigabyte's old AIO case
  • Laptop to Desktop projects
  • Dell UltraSharp Monitors (such as my UltraSharp 25)
DESIGN DOCUMENTS:

NOTES:
  • Proprietary PSU is a unit designed to mimic the DC-DC units here, but more focused on wattage and efficiency given the larger amounts of space inside the chassis
  • The monitor should come in a 25/27" size depending on hardware compatibility.
  • Smaller units should be available with low-profile GPU support or motherboard-only support (for AMD APUs)
  • The cooling solution should be included with the monitor, or should be a 120mm AIO cooler. (AIO in an AIO)
  • The monitor itself should be functional without a system inside via external output.
  • Bezels should be kept slim
  • The webcam and speakers should be optional
  • A slim-loading ODD is not out of question.

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Nice Idea, although allowing people to use their own monitors would interest a broader group of people. Maybe integrating the case into a monitor arm with a vesa mount would be a more versatile design.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Yes... My idea is to have a system similar to the Dell monitor mounting system, with an adjustable stand and a detachable plate enabling VESA mounting.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
Ah, I was having trouble with this on my other concepts, Google Drive does not play well with SFF Forum... What is your GMail account? I can share it with you that way.

el01

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Jun 4, 2018
I see all of you posters have been looking at my Flickr photos! Thanks! :)