AIB fan curve

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Where/how can I find out the stock/default fan curve profile of a MSI 2070 Gaming Z?

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
@tinyitx Do you have MSI Afterburner installed? I think it should give you the stock/default fan curve profile as an option. The MSI defaults are usually quite conservative.

Unrelated but do you have an account on chiphell? I'm very interested in a case on chiphell.com but I can not join the website without an invitation code.

https://www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2204727

If you are a member, is it at all possible that you could send me an invitation code please? I'd love to get in touch with the manufacturer or designer.

Thank you and stay safe!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
@tinyitx Do you have MSI Afterburner installed? I think it should give you the stock/default fan curve profile as an option. The MSI defaults are usually quite conservative.

Unrelated but do you have an account on chiphell? I'm very interested in a case on chiphell.com but I can not join the website without an invitation code.

https://www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2204727

If you are a member, is it at all possible that you could send me an invitation code please? I'd love to get in touch with the manufacturer or designer.

Thank you and stay safe!
I do have AB but its 'default' fan curve (which might have been changed by me sometime ago but I really do not remember though) does not have zero fan speed for temp under 50 (or 60) C. So, I know that curve is not really 'default'. Anyway, now that you mentioned it, an idea just came up (ie I might uninstall and then reinstall to 'get back' , sort of, the default fan curve).

For that case shown in that Chiphell thread, I am not a member there. But maybe you can contact the seller directly. If you read the thread, the seller made a response. That seller's name is his QQ account number (I cannot say with certainty but it is quite likely so). So, you can use QQ to contact him.
Edit: let me get it for you. He is ''QQ99671050''.

Reactions: cps_goodbuy

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
I do have AB but its 'default' fan curve (which might have been changed by me sometime ago but I really do not remember though) does not have zero fan speed for temp under 50 (or 60) C. So, I know that curve is not really 'default'. Anyway, now that you mentioned it, an idea just came up (ie I might uninstall and then reinstall to 'get back' , sort of, the default fan curve).

For that case shown in that Chiphell thread, I am not a member there. But maybe you can contact the seller directly. If you read the thread, the seller made a response. That seller's name is his QQ account number (I cannot say with certainty but it is quite likely so). So, you can use QQ to contact him.
Edit: let me get it for you. He is ''QQ99671050''.
That is an idea. Maybe reinstalling the software will do it.

Thank you. I found the creators name but I do not know what a QQ account is. I will do some research :)