A4-SFX recommended/tested PSU variants

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 20, 2021
hi - i'm trying to get my 645LT fitted with custom cables from pslate to fit with my SX700-PT and have problems as both PCIE power cables are plugged in and obstruct against the GPU side outlet on the rad.

it appears that i've got two options:

1) route one of the tubes around the back of the PSU - this would require elevating the GPU (EVGA 3080) or

2) crossing the pipes so that the tube on the GPU side runs on the side closed to the chassis around/over the CPU side outlet & tube - this makes routing and installation even more challenging plus seems to put a lot of pressure on the angled outlets on the rad.

q1) am i missing something @pslate or @dondan

q2) if corsair basically the only way to go for PSU if installing with the AIO?

thanks in advo

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sry I never tried with this PSU. The Corair SFx00 series will fit.

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
The SX700-PT has 125 mm (W) x 63.5 mm (H) x 100 mm (D)
The SXF 750 has 128 mm (W) x 65 mm (H) x 102 mm (D)

Therefore the only larger measurement is the height- which shouldn't make a difference in the A4 (there may be a very slight bend in the side panels when you put them on - but you get that anyway with the tubing of the AIO. What fan do you have for the AIO (hopefully the Noctua 92mm) and why would you try to route the AIO tubing around the GPU side - the 92mm AIO tubes barly fit going under the PSU and then up and over the Ram. Which model of the EVGA 3080 is it? That might make a differnce in terms of ports?

knowing Phil's work first hand, the cables will fit absolutely perfectly once you fiddle it into place.

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 20, 2021
thanks @Shaytanya and @dondan - i'll post a couple of pics once back at my desk, the setup worked just fine with my 2060 Super as it only needs one pcie power, but with both connected it doesn't with the tubing routed around the front. the issue isn't with the cables from @pslate which are amazing.

at the moment i've unscrewed the pcie bracket and have elevated the cards so it rests on the tubing and its working fine but as with everything, there is likely the ideal way to route things, which is what i'm trying to find :).

Shaytanya

Trash Compacter
May 5, 2020
yes - would be good to see a couple of photos. But obviously I will not say anything thatn Dan disagrees with :)