A300-M(ax): A watercooled sandwich style a300M build!

Curiosity

SFF>Speed
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Update!
Very exciting update.
Got the parts for my barrel Jack passthrough that I'll be using until I can afford the WLP350+ WLP350CK. I assembled the passthrough at work last night and put together the PC sans watercooling (since I still need some fittings)

The passthrough cable I built, I only had 26ga wire in hand so I tripled them up to be roughly equal to 20ga wire.

The computer, built and working!!!
It's now a solid unit that I can keep together until I get more parts and need to modify it again.
(I am aware that in the last pic the spine is bowing pretty bad, it's just plastic and not meant to sit in that orientation)

To-do list in the order I'm most likely to do them:
*Print modified rear panel (the one I'm using now has just had holes haphazardly drilled)
*Order remaining fittings for WC
*Order and install WLP350+WLP350CK
*order R42UF Riser
*Order aluminum plate and sheets for final construction of the case once the designs are prefected.

Edit:
Perfect start to page 3. :)
Also Firestrike score:

Last edited:
Reactions: Valantar

Curiosity

SFF>Speed
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Got (hopefully) the last wc parts I need in today, so I installed the rad to make sure everything fits nice. it does!

Just need to go ahead and plumb it all together now.

ideally I'd print an updated spine and rear panel, but the makerspace is closed for the virus at the moment so I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that.

Reactions: Valantar

Curiosity

SFF>Speed
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016

WATERCOOLING INSTALLED
pump→cpu→gpu→rad→pump
First test went well
The I think the bubbles are causing an issue In the GPU block though, ran time spy stress test and it hit 97c while the CPU peaked at 64c. Stress test was 86% stable or whater the unit of measurement for the score is.

Also I need to do a long leak test still lol

Windfall

kiwi birds are nice :D
Silver Supporter
Nov 14, 2017

WATERCOOLING INSTALLED
pump→cpu→gpu→rad→pump
First test went well
The I think the bubbles are causing an issue In the GPU block though, ran time spy stress test and it hit 97c while the CPU peaked at 64c. Stress test was 86% stable or whater the unit of measurement for the score is.

Also I need to do a long leak test still lol
Another insane build I somehow missed!
This is absolutly mad and truly in the spirit of sff, nice work!

Reactions: Curiosity

Curiosity

SFF>Speed
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Another insane build I somehow missed!
This is absolutly mad and truly in the spirit of sff, nice work!
Thanks friend! it might be due to my slow and small updates, the thread isn't bumped too often.

hopefully I can finish it off with a real case and the PSU sooner than later. :)

Reactions: Windfall

Curiosity

SFF>Speed
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Figured out why my GPU was overheating. GPU block was hitting the pcie 6pin legs (which I knew) which was lifting it off the die. Current plan is to chop the legs and replace them with 18ga wire to create clearance for the block.