635ml (21.5oz) Ryzen 2400G Mini-STX Build

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
- Custom case 0.635L (148mm x 143mm x 30mm)
- Innodisk VLP SO-DIMM 2x8Gb 2666 - only 18mm!
- modified ASRock Mini-STX motherboard from DeskMini A300
- Ryzen 5 2400G (delidded)
- cooler from Zotac 9800 GT - only 12mm!
- Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
- FSP PSU 120W 19V

Before:

After:

Last edited:
D

DelUser6216

It’s not problem for me, I have expirience ;)

I'm very curious on any thin 13mm cooler concepts or actual apparatus. More specifically what kind of heatsink you're getting and modifying, because the fan is easy. I also wonder if it can handle the load or thermal throttle. What is your idea? Your "expirience"?

Also, I think your IO dillemma is fixed by desoldering the ethernet-usb stuff, like a raspberry pi but that's all I know hueuhue.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
I'm very curious on any thin 13mm cooler concepts or actual apparatus. More specifically what kind of heatsink you're getting and modifying, because the fan is easy. I also wonder if it can handle the load or thermal throttle. What is your idea? Your "expirience"?

Also, I think your IO dillemma is fixed by desoldering the ethernet-usb stuff, like a raspberry pi but that's all I know hueuhue.
I plan to use single slot VGA cooler, something like this. Maybe I’ll make it by myself if I can't find right size.
As for IO dillemma, yes, I’m going to desolder it :) I’ll use mini pci-e wifi adapter instead of ethernet port.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I plan to use single slot VGA cooler, something like this. Maybe I’ll make it by myself if I can't find right size.
As for IO dillemma, yes, I’m going to desolder it :) I’ll use mini pci-e wifi adapter instead of ethernet port.

You'd have to downclock the APU a lot then. Those lil' things can only handle like 30-40W.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
You'd have to downclock the APU a lot then. Those lil' things can only handle like 30-40W.
Maybe yes, maybe not. I need to test it.
1. This is GTX 750 card, that has 55W TDP. I read some reviews, max temp on full load is only 59C.
2. I plan to delid APU.
3. I don’t play in heavy games, only in CS:GO and Overwatch.

But my priority is the world record :) I will downclock my APU If it is needed.

Reactions: Soul_Est

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Interesting, thanks. I’ll order it.

You might be best off mounting the whole board on a single 5x5 block of aluminum / copper heatsink, with a rectangle cut into it for memory, and another for a fan. This will easily cool a 45W processor, with the lowest size possible.
Good option, I already have this aluminum heatsink and will try this solution.

Perhaps a two-piece case with the top half used as a heatsink?
Maybe you can show some examples?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
You might be best off mounting the whole board on a single 5x5 block of aluminum / copper heatsink, with a rectangle cut into it for memory, and another for a fan. This will easily cool a 45W processor, with the lowest size possible.

Something like the Ocelot Cub?

That is a cool design, and looks very doable from CNC milled aluminum. Too bad it was just a concept.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
Original poster
May 11, 2017
I chose CustomMOD (nano design) for implementing this project, now I’m just waiting for Asrock and their mobo.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Did Asrock even confirm they're making that motherboard, or are you just going off what they showed in the thread?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
If they do, I have three cases ready for AMD stx: a 3.7L one that supports half height GPU's, a 1.2 L one that would run Igpu, and a 4L one that could handle a full GPU (all use hdplex) If AM4 STX happens, I'm dumping my current project.