News $50 Steam Link streams PC games anywhere within your house

Richard Lawler of Engadget:
Valve announced an interesting add-on for anyone interested in in-home streaming for their PC games: Steam Link. These $50 boxes (in the US, international pricing is TBD) will stream content from your PC or Steam Machine, as long as they're on the same WiFi network. Adding a Steam Controller will cost an extra $50 when they launch in November, and can handle gaming in 1080p at 60Hz with low latency.

I know that 'Steam Machines' and LRPC's are becoming a bit of a thing nowadays, but to me this sort of solution is a much better way of getting a PC into the living room. It's far cheaper than building an entire new computer, a local network will have the bandwidth and low latency necessary to stream games, and you can keep all of your content/hardware/PC budget centralized in one build.

Matthew

Cable Smoosher
Feb 28, 2015
I will seriously consider one of these, especially if they can get the controller right.

rawr

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2015
So many options these days. We have Razer's Forge TV, NZXT's doko, Nvidia's new Shield... It'll be up to someone to compare all of them!