Production PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable (3M) - Official support for Steck &🥪compatible

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable is available now. Please visit product page at:

Quantities will be limited at the beginning, but we will try to maintain supply going forward.

PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable with 3M™ Twin Axial Cable technology to ensure the best stability and performance. This product is the official companion cable for Steck (from ver 1.x to upcoming 2.x). *This is also compatible with other sandwich🥪 style SFF PC Cases.

*Buyers should check for compatibility before purchase.

Specification
  • Cable: 3M™ Twin Axial Cable technology
  • GPU connector mount type: vertical
  • GPU connector mount screw hole distance: 108mm
  • Length
    • End to end (including connectors): 26cm
    • cable only: 22cm
  • Official support for Steck
sffpost-2.jpg

sffpost-1.jpg

PCIe-3M-screwholes.jpg PCIe-3M-diagram-b.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 3m-pcie-desc.jpg
    3m-pcie-desc.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
How might this riser cable do in the Mesh-Licious chassis, with the needed 45° bend...? And will the extra length (over the stock riser cable, which is 18.5cm in length) be sufficient for use with a slightly longer mobo (C8I mDTX, of course)...?!? Thanks...!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Is it this one?

Not sure about the length but sounds like a good idea to offer it in your shop for people not familiar with ordering from TaoBao. 👍

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
How might this riser cable do in the Mesh-Licious chassis, with the needed 45° bend...? And will the extra length (over the stock riser cable, which is 18.5cm in length) be sufficient for use with a slightly longer mobo (C8I mDTX, of course)...?!? Thanks...!
As mentioned, it will be standard sandwich style cases, which does not include those that require 45° bend. And I have no idea if there is a common length for those e.g. meshlicious / NZXT H1, etc.

Anyway it would be better if the maker of those cases support their product with their own cables directly...

Reactions: pwnedundies

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Is it this one?

Not sure about the length but sounds like a good idea to offer it in your shop for people not familiar with ordering from TaoBao. 👍
Yes, if people will just order from taobao directly, then it's fine also. Saves me the effort, as I don't earn much from this anyway 😜.

Hector

Cable Smoosher
Dec 28, 2019
Speaking about 45 degrees bend, what is the length needed for that setup? I would place myself in this pre-order group for a cable that would be good for that bend. I was eyeing a 3M because it looks pretty foldable.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Not 3M, but this one here looks actually pretty foldable:

I was planning to get one and try it out but currently I do not have PCIe 4.0 compatible hardware to test it... 😕

Reactions: tinyitx

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Speaking about 45 degrees bend, what is the length needed for that setup? I would place myself in this pre-order group for a cable that would be good for that bend. I was eyeing a 3M because it looks pretty foldable.
please ask the case creator, and let us know here😅

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Not 3M, but this one here looks actually pretty foldable:

I was planning to get one and try it out but currently I do not have PCIe 4.0 compatible hardware to test it... 😕
prefer the flat, I don't think it is good for the cables to be bunched up... The reason for the cables to be flat is to ensure the length is as close to being the same as possible. Different lengths = bad signal

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Well, not sure if a slight difference in length would cause issues as long as the shielding and conductor quality is fine. I mean the 3M also uses two separate flat cables for data plus one flat cable for power. But yeah, if the 3M is easily bendable I would also prefer that one. ;)

Reactions: tinyitx

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
1 Apr 2021 Update:

Happy to announce that, starting from 2 Apr 2021, we will be selling PCIe 16x Gen 4 cable with 3M™ Twin Axial Cable technology to ensure the best stability and performance. This product is the official companion cable for Steck (from ver 1.x to upcoming 2.x). *This is also compatible with other sandwich style SFF PC Cases.

*Buyers should check for compatibility before purchase.

Product link: [available soon]

Quantities will be limited at the beginning, but we will try to maintain supply going forward.

Specification
  • Cable: 3M™ Twin Axial Cable technology
  • GPU connector mount type: vertical
  • GPU connector mount screw hole distance: 108mm
  • Length
    • End to end (including connectors): 26cm
    • cable only: 22cm
  • Official support for Steck
PCIe-3M-26cm-b.jpg PCIe-3M-connector-b.jpg PCIe-3M-screwholes.jpg PCIe-3M-diagram-b.jpg

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Well, not sure if a slight difference in length would cause issues as long as the shielding and conductor quality is fine. I mean the 3M also uses two separate flat cables for data plus one flat cable for power. But yeah, if the 3M is easily bendable I would also prefer that one. ;)
The reason for the flat cable in its original design is that there are many ground wires in between the actual signal wires. These grounds help to shield interference also. If you bunch them up signal wires get closer to each other. I think most "flat" cables are designed that way, with many grounds sitting between signals.

Not even sure if the "bunch up" type conforms to official PCIe spec...

pcie16x-pinout.png

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
The reason for the flat cable in its original design is that there are many ground wires in between the actual signal wires. These grounds help to shield interference also. If you bunch them up signal wires get closer to each other. I think most "flat" cables are designed that way, with many grounds sitting between signals.

View attachment 1008

Sure. I was just referring to your concern about possible slight length differences between each wire/cable.

The reason for the cables to be flat is to ensure the length is as close to being the same as possible. Different lengths = bad signal

This shouldn't matter within a certain tolerance (lets say +/- 1mm). The Louqe and JHH riser also use separate shielding on each cable/wire.

Anyways, it's always good to have different choices so I'm happy you are going to sell the 3M riser! 👍

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Sure. I was just referring to your concern about possible slight length differences between each wire/cable.

This shouldn't matter within a certain tolerance (lets say +/- 1mm). The Louqe and JHH riser also use separate shielding on each cable/wire.

Anyways, it's always good to have different choices so I'm happy you are going to sell the 3M riser! 👍
Yea, but not sure if JHH cable conforms to actual PCIe spec (by not going the standard flat layout). I think there is technical reason for going flat (refer to my previous post), with the ground wires spacing the signal in between.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Yea, but not sure if JHH cable conforms to actual PCIe spec (by not going the standard flat layout). I think there is technical reason for going flat (refer to my previous post), with the ground wires spacing the signal in between.

At least I heard the Louqe one is working and it's not a flat style cable. Not sure about the JHH. I have ordered one but not yet received.

BTW, do you already know the price tag for the 3M riser you are going to sell?

Last edited: