Power Supply 300W Direct plug Pico PSU

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
The name says 300 watt but looking thru the description it says a 250w for 150-250 watt systems. Still should be enough for even threadripper or x299.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
For 300W it looks like it lacks in amount of capacitors and chokes.

I do realize that you cant judge the PSU by the amount of its components, but take a look at HD plex 160(same unit as KMPKT Dynamo 160). Look how many chokes and capacitors are there. This is an example of quality unit.

It is a very well built and it is advertised for less wattage then the PSU for alibaba.

I would trust the "300W" PSU anything, as if it breaks and kills your system, you have no one to blame for. Plus things like ripple must be crazy high

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'd caution you on the quality of those units. The last one I bought from Aliexpress lasted little more than a couple of weeks.

Reactions: thewizzard1

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
I know Chinese Electronic device quality.
I have HDplex 400W DCDC already.
I'm going to make a tiny 600w 12V solution and this is the part I'm looking for.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
For 300W it looks like it lacks in amount of capacitors and chokes.

I do realize that you cant judge the PSU by the amount of its components, but take a look at HD plex 160(same unit as KMPKT Dynamo 160). Look how many chokes and capacitors are there. This is an example of quality unit.

It is a very well built and it is advertised for less wattage then the PSU for alibaba.

I would trust the "300W" PSU anything, as if it breaks and kills your system, you have no one to blame for. Plus things like ripple must be crazy high

You don't need nearly as much component when it is 12V.

That said this one is hella sketchy.

Last edited:

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
No thing to say with China supplier.
I order that one and this is what I received:

They sent an other product and this is what they said:

Bad experience with Alibaba.

Update 1:
They confirm the package is what they sent and commit to check the wrong thing after dozen messages and pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thehack