Power Supply 240-360mVp-p Ripple and Noise in desired 12v ATX power supply

Questl

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 12, 2019
This is the power supply in question. As you can see, ripple ranges from 240-320, and ripple noise from 300-360. Before I start, I'm running a Radeon RX 570 (150W) and a 3300X (65W) on a B450I (35W), so the system total clocks in around 260W, giving it decent 300W headroom. As I understand it, ripple this high will overheat the processors. So I have some questions.
  1. Is there a practical way to reduce ripple in an ATX circuit?
  2. If not 1, would undervolting my processors make them safe from ripple?
  3. There are some recommended enclosures (and one more) for the PSU, but I'm utterly out of my depth here. I assume these only reduce RF noise, not voltage ripple, but it wasn't clear to me. Would these solve the above problem?
Thanks much, I realize these are a bit vague, but I'm about a week's research in and haven't found answers yet. On that note, if anybody has resources feel free to point me at them!

PLLovervoltage

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
1. Most practical is to buy a power supply with lower ripple noise in the first place
2. Undervolting would do nothing to help against ripple noise
3. Won't help with ripple noise

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
Just as a note those are not enclosures for that PSU. They are filters to use in addition to the PSU. Also worth mentioning that the PSU linked requires pretty significant active cooling to achieve the rated output. While larger per watt the Meanwell RPS series have appropriate ripple. Check out the 12v PSU guide for more info.