2200G + MX500 + Meanwell Internal AC-DC = Mean Mini PC Build!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Specs:

MX500 2.75L case
2200G
Asrock B350 ITX
500GB m.2
500GB 2.5"
NH-L9a
2x8gb HyperX 2400mhz
Generic "120W" Plugin DC Board
Meanwell EPP-200 openframe AC-DC board

----
The only thing special is I wired the EPP-200 meanwell PSU inside the case. I checked the measurements online for this case and picked it for the general aesthetics and the likelihood of me being able to cram the AC-DC PSU in there. It did take me to design and print a custom mount for the PSU it works great. I'm using the C8 connector since I can fit it without any modifications. It's not safe as grounding it though so I wouldn't do what I did unless you're willing to take risks.

I can still clean it up a bit more if I get rid of the 2.5" but it fitnicely off to the side. I'm not using the bracket because I want the most airflow I can get.

Currently running at stock specs

conzy

Cable Smoosher
Feb 27, 2018
Only 2.75 litres and doesn't need a brick! Nicely done. How are you finding the 2200g? Its incredible value

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
2 questions. Are you doing any gaming, and if so, how do you find the performance?
Secondly, why did you decide to go for a 500gb m.2, and a 500gb 2.5"? Why not just splurge on a 1tb m.2 drive? Just curious.

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
Liking this build a lot as I'm trying something similar but I have my internal brick at the front of the case. I never knew this case existed but it looks to be a much better layout for thermals.
How are you finding the thermals in it? Did you need to do any tweeking?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Liking this build a lot as I'm trying something similar but I have my internal brick at the front of the case. I never knew this case existed but it looks to be a much better layout for thermals.
How are you finding the thermals in it? Did you need to do any tweeking?
Thermals are okay. It can get a little warm. Quiet idle and gaming loads there's a modest fan noise.

I did tweak the fan curve for silence so out of the box it is a little loud. 75-80C was my target load temp to keep it quiet.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Could you please let me know how much space you have left on both sides of the motherboard ?