Advice 1st Build (Case) Advice

Okto

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jan 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for advice on my first build. I'd be building a HTPC, and would like it to occupy as small a space as possible while still being (relatively) easy to build. I have some ideas already, but would like feedback on my plan. If I complete this build I'd probably be moving on to a more powerful, yet still SFF, gaming PC. This is both a way to learn how to build, and to gauge my interest- I like the idea of building a computer but am not sure if that would hold true in practice!

APU: 3200G/3000G
Boot Drive: 128/256gb NVMe
Storage Drive: 4TB Seagate
Case: This is the part I need the most help with, I have a few in mind but would love to hear other people's thoughts as well! Would have to fit a 3.5in HDD. (Cougar QBX?)
Memory: Some 2x4 2666 kit
PSU: Case Dependant

I'd probably be leaving the cooler stock unless it is annoyingly loud, or unless the case demands a smaller cooler. I do have access to a Micro Center if that makes any difference in parts.

Also, I hope this is the right place to post this- took a look around and this seemed the best place. Thanks!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I would actually suggest Asrock DeskMini A300 which fits most of your needs. Supports the 3200G/3000G, 2xM.2 NVMe, 2xSO-DIMM memory. You can't fit a 3.5 HDD but I have 2x2TB Seagate 2.5 HDDs in my DeskMini 110 and it works great as a HTPC/Plex Server.