Cooling 120mm Case Fan Recommendation?

diffsca

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Aug 21, 2017
Hey,

I am using realan case E-D3.It has a fan inside but I want to change a new one.

Can anyone recommend either:

a) A really good, really quiet 120mm case fan with a green LED, or

b) A standalone green LED that I can put in front of something like a Noctua fan that doesn't require an additional power plug.

Thanks!

Pelican

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2017
I bought two Thermaltake Riing 12 fans for my build. I got the orange LED version. They are high pressure fans, good for small spaces and radiators. 25mm deep. All you have to do is hook the fan up to power and you're good. The LEDs don't need a controller or anything else attached, the effect is a ring of light around the outside of the fan, which is nice and subtle. It comes with an extra cable you can use (connected between the fan cable and the PSU power cable) which slows the fan down to 1000 RPM and reduces noise (the Newegg page says 18.7 dB-A on the slower mode).

It comes in a green LED model. Product code is CL-F038-PL12GR-A. I have two of these in orange, you can see them here on my build.

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
There aren't out yet but: http://www.phanteks.com/HalosLux.html
They would require at least an RGB header, though.

edit: also not sure how they would look with brown fan blades. I have be quiet! fans which I like quite a bit.
Hey,

I am using realan case E-D3.It has a fan inside but I want to change a new one.

Can anyone recommend either:

a) A really good, really quiet 120mm case fan with a green LED, or

b) A standalone green LED that I can put in front of something like a Noctua fan that doesn't require an additional power plug.

Thanks!
Second thr riing fans, nice n quite and subyle rgb vs uin your face rgb