Prototype 12.18L Dual 240AIO quite gaming PC case——Dual Cool MKII (4 months use report)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Friendly bump, interested to see pics, listed in TaoBao but can't really appreciate internals etc and if you will be retailing it in EU like you mentioned or KS.
It's already listed on TaoBao? Got a link?

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Hello everyone. About phurchase on TaoBao, It`s just a model exhibition. the 899 RMB isn`t final price. I will launch KICKSTARTER Crowd raising project for Dual Cool. And Material object phototype will coming soon!

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Update on Dual Cool is :

I will use all CNC build side panel, And it will have white/black two color to choose.

Graphic card is still "hand stand", It`s out put still in button of case. because now new graphic card like Readon vii or RTX 2080 all abandon OTES. So the card`s heat will divergence around instead regular in OTES radiator.

I add a new design in case structure:
the main structure——GPU and ITX MB bracket now could shift forward or back on the botton. so you could use AIO with fans if you don`t want use two AIO devices.

Perforated panel now is add in build plan.

Reactions: Alur

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Update on Dual Cool is :

I will use all CNC build side panel, And it will have white/black two color to choose.

Graphic card is still "hand stand", It`s out put still in button of case. because now new graphic card like Readon vii or RTX 2080 all abandon OTES. So the card`s heat will divergence around instead regular in OTES radiator.

I add a new design in case structure:
the main structure——GPU and ITX MB bracket now could shift forward or back on the botton. so you could use AIO with fans if you don`t want use two AIO devices.

Perforated panel now is add in build plan.
Those are great news, best of luck with KickStarter! I was worried you shutted down the project, looking forward to hit WarHead Team.

Skullassfreak

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2019
I wonder would 6 x 120mm fans be possible with 20mm XSPC tx rads. Maybe 4 slim fans (2 per rad) and 2 regular sized ones up top. With perforations on the side panel this would have the best cooling potential for this form factor. If theres not enough space for a pump/res, the swifttech pump/block combo and some qdc could be the solution.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I wonder would 6 x 120mm fans be possible with 20mm XSPC tx rads. Maybe 4 slim fans (2 per rad) and 2 regular sized ones up top. With perforations on the side panel this would have the best cooling potential for this form factor. If theres not enough space for a pump/res, the swifttech pump/block combo and some qdc could be the solution.
now if you could use 120 AIO you could get full 6*12025 fans intsall.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Now new appearance had updated.

And there are some changed:
1:Now height has add 5mm-to 375mm
2:panel will use all CNC to make it
3:now 120AIO could install 6*121025 fans! It will be most powerfull airflow
4:Abandon button PCB design.Now you could use steering plug to use your devices. Like 90° DP line to link your monitors.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Now new appearance had updated.

And there are some changed:
1:Now height has add 5mm-to 375mm
2:panel will use all CNC to make it
3:now 120AIO could install 6*121025 fans! It will be most powerfull airflow
4:Abandon button PCB design.Now you could use steering plug to use your devices. Like 90° DP line to link your monitors.
Pictures please WH Team! =)

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Looks good! As long as perforated panels remain an option, this case should go over very well with people.

Last edited:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@WH-team I don't know, judging from the looks it seems top-heavy, therefore unstable (it's just an impression).
Not a fan of not having a front I/O in a case with 12+ Liters volume.
Anyhow I like the new top grill design

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
@WH-team I don't know, judging from the looks it seems top-heavy, therefore unstable (it's just an impression).
Not a fan of not having a front I/O in a case with 12+ Liters volume.
Anyhow I like the new top grill design

It’s based on an already existing concept though, the Corsair One.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
It’s based on an already existing concept though, the Corsair One.
Yes, I do get that. Specifically I was talking about how the bottom area is designed, I remember one Dan's C4 prototypes had similar issues. Anyhow I may be wrong, so don't take my word for it.
My point of not having front I/O still remains valid, even the Corsair One have plenty of ports on the front.

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
Something I’ve been wondering. Would hybrid GPU’s work pretty well for this case?

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
2019/8/5 the phototype finished

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Nice looking prototype @WH-team !
Anyhow I still think this case should definitely have Front I/O. Also, how are you supposed to turn on the PC? Is the Power Button hidden somewhere?

I'n my humble opinion, your original idea was spot on!

Also, curious to see the perforated side panels!