Buying 1155 itx mobo

Hi everybody! So I basicly want to build myself a sff form factor that is going to be smaller than my Silverstone sg09 and for that I need to go full mitx. The thing is that since I got 2 i7-3770, I would really like to find myself a 1155 mitx mobo! Anything from used to new would be appreciated. Willing to pay up to 80$ for it. Wifi on board would be nice also but isnt necessary. So if you got an old mitx mobo 1155 that you want to get rid of, I'm your guy! Thank you and have a great day.

Reactions: confusis

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
I can tell you right now, that this is a fools errand. 1155 mobos, particularly ITX ones are hugely over priced nowadays, unless you get lucky somehow. You are better off just selling the CPU and buying something new.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Hi everybody! So I basicly want to build myself a sff form factor that is going to be smaller than my Silverstone sg09 and for that I need to go full mitx. The thing is that since I got 2 i7-3770, I would really like to find myself a 1155 mitx mobo! Anything from used to new would be appreciated. Willing to pay up to 80$ for it. Wifi on board would be nice also but isnt necessary. So if you got an old mitx mobo 1155 that you want to get rid of, I'm your guy! Thank you and have a great day.

Just searched eBay and a seller in Green Bay WI has 3 Asus p8h61 mobos for sale 64.98 with 9.19 shipping. May not have everything but cheaper than a platform change for sure.

veksix

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 23, 2017
Hi thanks for the reply, I saw those Asus p8h61 board and I am very curious on how this "downgrade" is going to affect my build. I currently run a p8z77-m and I dont just playvideo games, I actually render and animate on different 3D arch-viz projects. Would the h61 chipset bottleneck my cpu and gtx 770 4gb in anyway?

I might wait on Ryzen + itx am4 boards

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Late reply here.
My gut says not too much of a difference if any gaming wise. For production work I'm really not sure if moving data around and such on h61 vs z77 would be bottlenecked. No practical experience there personally.

Longest "I'm not sure" answer ever..

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Thin mini-itx boards such as the Intel DQ77KB or DH61AG are still easy to find.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I've got an 1150 z97 stinger if you end up going for a platform change just HMU if you decide to do so