Concept ~10l Case w/ 240/280 AIO (Custom/Suggestion)

MickMer

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Jun 13, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm new in this forum and in general kind of new to SFF, so please excuse me if some questions might seem kind of obvious or stupid to some of you.

So to my question. I am looking for a small case around 10l (cause I study abroad and like to take it with me in the train.)

The components are currently

Z390 Phantom gaming
i9 9900k
gtx 1070 (which will get upgraded eventually to RTX 2080 or Radeon VII)

I got a huge discount on the 9900k thats why I bought it and I want to make the most out of it in terms of OC, hence the 240/280 AIO.

I find it kind of difficult to find the optimal case since I live in germany and many cases like the ghost S1 or ncase m1 are almost impossible to get.
I got my eyes on the Ophion EVO but it seems a little bit to big for my needs.

After looking further I found some cases but those cases either are not released yet or would cost 100$ to import from china and to difficult to discuss details in chinese about the case.

So finally I found the Protocase, but I dont dare to design my own case cause im worried I might make a mistake and in the end stuff wont fit or whatever. So thats why I am here.

I would like your help or suggestions or maybe one of you even designed a case similar to my wishes before and willing to work with/for me on that.

Here are some cases which are kind of similar to what I imagine but If you have suggestions and tipps please let me know!

THANK YOU!

oliveoil

Cable Smoosher
Jun 13, 2019
Interestingly, I'm looking for something similar and I am having the same experience. None of the cases that fit these requirements are actually available at a reasonable price. If the Dan C4 was released tomorrow for around €200 I would buy it instantly.

Note that if price is one of your concerns, custom fabrication might not be the way to go. Maybe if you keep the design simple (for fabrication) and maybe buy a few at once to offset the setup cost? IDK though, I don't have any experience but I recently looked into it because I had the same idea.

This thread has a few posts you might find interesting: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ling-dedicated-case-from-9-to-14l.7011/page-6