1080 Ti Strix fitting

Dawelio

Awesomeness
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone!

I have gotten to a bit of an roadblock which I can’t seem to figure out how to cross...

I don’t see how to get my 1080 Ti Strix inside my NCASE M1 case? I know it fits and it works, as I’ve seen several pictures of it on Reddit etc. I just don’t know which way/route to take in order to get it installed.

Any ideas here?...

Much appreciated!

Regards,
Dawelio

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
You could make your life a lot harder and try to stick the whole card in with no modifications. You will have to remove the side panel clip above the PCIE slot area. This will be an absolute pain in the ass, but it's doable. The other solution, since you said you have a 1080 TI Strix, is to undo the screws holding the fans to the heatsink and put it in with 2 120mm fans under it (pushing out is better but push or pull works either way). Removing the fans makes the 2.5 slot card a 2 slot heatsinked card with no fans and plus 120mm fans are better than the dinky fans that Asus provides stock. This is what I did instead of trying to cram the card in stock. If you're asking how to install it, I angled the card so the PCIE bracket end went in first, and slowly aligned it with the pcie slot until you can slide the card into the slot without problems. You'll have to remove the side panel clips regardless as they get in the way (I accidentally broke mine, so that didn't end up a problem anymore).