?Ncase M1 or Louqe Ghost water cooled build help?

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
damn i think you have me sold. i was thinking of going for a 3900x since its close to the same price i was already going to spend on the 9900k. what do you think? or should i just stick with the 3800x? and hell yeah i will forsure upgrade when the new 4000 series comes out. you think ill have decent luck selling a 3800x or 3900x though?
im looking into the gpu portion of the buy now. im still drawn to the 2080ti... im not trying to come across as someone who can just blow money out his A$$ but that little bit of performance id gain is a prominent reason i want to get it. if i was able to fit two GPUs into this i prob wouldnt care but im worried, and want every bit of performance i can get out of this computer.
so if im looking at those CPU block charts right if i have a pump that can handle the restrictive properties that some of them come with would the AC kryos NEXT also be the best block for me?
If you want to squeeze out every little frame of ypur system go for 9900ks now witch still will be a good option for the future but maybee not the latest and greatest tomlrrow.
If you can spent the bucks get a 3900x (if you find one in stock) that thing should boost better but be aware amd ocs dofferently to intel there is only 1 oc variante for single core oc as i know till today ( and somebody correct me if im wrong).
And thats ryzen master you habe to run it everytime you start up the system manualy apply;) and its verry confuzing. I opted for manual my example runns at 4,25 1,26vcore high LLC all cores the single core is a bit worse than what you get from stock but this way o dont have to go over 1,3 vcore so the temps stay low for a potential 100mhz not worth for me. But i also do rendering.
And i think you will be able to sell the 3900x good in a years time. 3800 i have no ecperience with. There is only 2 solid board options gigabyte aorus 570-i
Witch im running and the asus rog strix 570-i gaming (witch i bought aswell to test single core cloking in bios but never got around to test it.
As the gigabyte goes the masive pasive cooling on the back provide you with vrm temps around 60 deg with a gentle airbreeze witch you will gabe from rads.
And the small fan barely spinns it it does it runs at a comfy 2800rpm so you dont pick it up above the pump;)

Ram is quiet important if you can afford the hight get the g.skill neo 3600 cl 16 16 or 32 gig kitt that gives you the most bennefit since ryzen 3000 only clocks the fabric 1:1 till 3600 beyond that its quiet tricky
Something like this it has cl16 all the way
That should doo the trick if you want to save some bucks:
Get cl16-18 variant its around 114 on amazon

But be awared of the higher clearance.

And the vga.

I personaly would go for the 2080 super

(But be awared the fans on the evga make a tiking noise when they spinn up its acomon issue and there is only 1 thing you can doo about it and thats set the fans to be always on in msi afterburner)

And a cheap waterblock like a ek or something and replace it. With new vga gen next year nvidia shpuld have 7nm so that should be a big jump and potentialy get a pcie gen4 witch they still probably wount be able to utilize.
Here you see that on 4k in a real game the 2080ti doesnt come anyway near 120fps
So the monitor and gsync will matter more than fps/hz i would get something like
As i sayed i would go for the 2080 super bump the memory since its factory underclocked to 14500 (not to step on the 2080ti heels) and it has samsung modules witch are rated to 16000
And would rather get a good monitor

Preferably witg freesync and g sync compatible so you dont get tied to nvidia if amd will ever catchup:)

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
The dark rumormill again

It seems that nvidia is planing a 2080 ti super (i wouldnt get it just because of the name) and pushed back ampere to l8 2020 early 2021
Either way it can happen that you wount get have the fastest card for long with 2080 ti

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
*womp* womp* womp* lol goddamn i hate this shit, i mean i love it but its so hard to make a decision on what i should do! im super tempted to wait unitil the 25th and get a 3950x but i really dont like the idea of spending almost 800 on a cpu. to be honest all im really going to be doing is gaming. id like to get into some steaming or even uploading videos of some sort for like build logs and stuff along those lines but thats not for sure, all i do know is that im going to be gaming hardcore on this thing. so all my ideas for purchases are going towards the BEST gaming settup i can possibly fit into this little case. i originally was going to do a lian li 011-dynamic build and go with 2 2080ti's because i know i can run pretty much everything with that at 3440x1440. i mean that computer would have cost me a arm and a leg but i really like overkill builds. NOW all i can think about is the M1 build and unfortunately i can only fit a single card in it. so what im most likely going to do is swap out the graphics card whenever something better comes out until i have enough money to do another build in my lian li case. what is so good about the super? i honestly have no idea what they did and how it compares to the TI other then performance wise.
Im still leaning towards my original parts list, a 9900k, 2080ti, 32bg 3200mhz RAM kit, 2 1tb NVME HD, corsair, 750w psu. i know you keep giving me suggestions and you prob have answered this about a dozen times now but if you think this isnt a good choice im open minded, but like i said i was every bit of GAMING performance i can out of this. im down to sacrifice a few frames for longevity though while im looking to the future and want this build to last me.
what 3440x1440 monitor would you go for too btw? i was considering MSI's new one, the MPG341CQR or LG's 34GK950G-B or alienwares new ultrawide. I want to keep under a 1000 though.
PS thanks for all your feed back dude

Last edited:

Ilyu

Trash Compacter
Nov 6, 2019
AMD officially recommends atleast 280/360 AIO for the 3950x - So yeah, I wouldn't go for it with 2x 240. (especially not with a 2080ti)
The general rule of thumb (that I read of) is: for each 75W power cons. you should use 1x 120 radiator to be able to cool it quietly, use 50W if you lean towards silence and 100W to be maybe bearable while 125W most likly will be annoying.

9900k is at around 211W if not locked, while a 2080 TI is around 280-320W depending on FE/custom.

Keeping in mind that @ UHD, the 3700X is 1% behind the 9900K in FPS and 3% in frametimes while only using around 150W I would suggest it over the 9900K and spend the saved money on good samsung b-die rams to OC them.

Reactions: stepnyVLK

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
AMD officially recommends atleast 280/360 AIO for the 3950x - So yeah, I wouldn't go for it with 2x 240. (especially not with a 2080ti)
The general rule of thumb (that I read of) is: for each 75W power cons. you should use 1x 120 radiator to be able to cool it quietly, use 50W if you lean towards silence and 100W to be maybe bearable while 125W most likly will be annoying.

9900k is at around 211W if not locked, while a 2080 TI is around 280-320W depending on FE/custom.

Keeping in mind that @ UHD, the 3700X is 1% behind the 9900K in FPS and 3% in frametimes while only using around 150W I would suggest it over the 9900K and spend the saved money on good samsung b-die rams to OC them.
I abaolutely agree with everything you say other than taht with a good rad/fan combination you can get comfortable acoustics with roughly 100w.
I didnt believe how good the black ice and noctua a12x25 are (other than being ugly) but yes with one black ice and one slim xspc that setup is kind of overkill.
Thats why i went with the 3900x and a 2080 non ti performance per watt is awesome (that cand realy be sayed about the super) but the key is undervolting.
In these small cases its mandatory i think.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Well @HottestVapes said he thinks you can fit a 35mm rad on the side so i might try and do that. im not sure how much more cooling capacity ill gain but if he give me the green light that it will fit and it helps at all with temps im prob going to just go with two xspc rads. 1 tx240 and 1 ex240. and if i do go with the 9900k ill totally under-volt it. you can still get the same performance but it runs cooler right?
so you really dont think i can run a 3950x with water cooling setup im going for? if not ill prob just stick with the 9900k or ks and undervolt it then on my next full size build ill grab a 3950x.
what ram kit would you suggest that has "samsung b-die "? this is all way too advanced tech talk for me. im by no means a idiot when it comes to computers but at the same time you guys might need to dumb it down for me a bit or just give examples of what exactly your talking about.

do you really hate the 9900k that much? and why if you do? im just curious. id love to support team red but i havent had a nice computer for like two years now due to some shit i wont get into and now just want something that is going to work and work good(for gaming) i want to get the best parts for gaming on this build. if im going to gain by going a certain direction then id like to. like i said my next build im going to do a duel GPU setup and ill be using the O11-dynamic case by lian li which has a ton of radiator space. i need to squeeze every ounce of performance out of this one due to the restrictions it comes with.

Let me know about the monitor situation too. which ultrawide do you think is best under a grand?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Very busy this week, and cannot help you mucho, but look, here is a finder of b-die sticks

personally, I like these g skill but in spain they are for 270 and I like the price mainly haha

Reactions: KronDestroyer13

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
*womp* womp* womp* lol goddamn i hate this shit, i mean i love it but its so hard to make a decision on what i should do! im super tempted to wait unitil the 25th and get a 3950x but i really dont like the idea of spending almost 800 on a cpu. to be honest all im really going to be doing is gaming. id like to get into some steaming or even uploading videos of some sort for like build logs and stuff along those lines but thats not for sure, all i do know is that im going to be gaming hardcore on this thing. so all my ideas for purchases are going towards the BEST gaming settup i can possibly fit into this little case. i originally was going to do a lian li 011-dynamic build and go with 2 2080ti's because i know i can run pretty much everything with that at 3440x1440. i mean that computer would have cost me a arm and a leg but i really like overkill builds. NOW all i can think about is the M1 build and unfortunately i can only fit a single card in it. so what im most likely going to do is swap out the graphics card whenever something better comes out until i have enough money to do another build in my lian li case. what is so good about the super? i honestly have no idea what they did and how it compares to the TI other then performance wise.
Im still leaning towards my original parts list, a 9900k, 2080ti, 32bg 3200mhz RAM kit, 2 1tb NVME HD, corsair, 750w psu. i know you keep giving me suggestions and you prob have answered this about a dozen times now but if you think this isnt a good choice im open minded, but like i said i was every bit of GAMING performance i can out of this. im down to sacrifice a few frames for longevity though while im looking to the future and want this build to last me.
what 3440x1440 monitor would you go for too btw? i was considering MSI's new one, the MPG341CQR or LG's 34GK950G-B or alienwares new ultrawide. I want to keep under a 1000 though.
PS thanks for all your feed back dude
Honestly i would go for an 3900x if you want to stream.
Even this intel fanboy admits it if the results would have been the other way he would have been all over the place.
And i saw the differwn on my cellfone while watching the streaming example ;)

The more i listen to you you should probably get the O11 my brother has that case you can put 3 360 rads inthere i dont think there is any case on the market that can pull it off in that form factor. You can cooo 2 vga (dunno why anyone would want 2 vgas) and a cpu of your choice plus its way easyer to work on it swapping stuff. The sff its not for everone you know. Its a pain the ... bottom sometimes. And most of the ppl do it just to show they can.
Or doo somethink likeve this.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Naw I definitely want to do this build. I like the idea of having a small gaming computer that I put blood sweat and tears into( hopefully no tears) Lol you guys just confused me at what is the best parts to choose from. I'm not going to be able to get much more performance out of anything else unless I throw a second gpu in and I'm ok with waiting until someone comes out with a different gpu. As long as I get a gsync/freesync ultrawide I'll have a amazing experience. Especially having to play console the last year or two.
So I'm just going to either go with the 9900k(or KS if I can get my hands on a decent priced one) or the 3900x with a 2080ti. I'll send the specs once I buy everything this coming month. I'm having a hard time deciding when to buy shit. I think I'm going to buy all the water cooling gear soon though and the ncase I hope is going to become available within this month. I've put so many hours into researching this build. I cant give up now.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Well @HottestVapes said he thinks you can fit a 35mm rad on the side so i might try and do that. im not sure how much more cooling capacity ill gain but if he give me the green light that it will fit and it helps at all with temps im prob going to just go with two xspc rads. 1 tx240 and 1 ex240. and if i do go with the 9900k ill totally under-volt it. you can still get the same performance but it runs cooler right?
so you really dont think i can run a 3950x with water cooling setup im going for? if not ill prob just stick with the 9900k or ks and undervolt it then on my next full size build ill grab a 3950x.
what ram kit would you suggest that has "samsung b-die "? this is all way too advanced tech talk for me. im by no means a idiot when it comes to computers but at the same time you guys might need to dumb it down for me a bit or just give examples of what exactly your talking about.

do you really hate the 9900k that much? and why if you do? im just curious. id love to support team red but i havent had a nice computer for like two years now due to some shit i wont get into and now just want something that is going to work and work good(for gaming) i want to get the best parts for gaming on this build. if im going to gain by going a certain direction then id like to. like i said my next build im going to do a duel GPU setup and ill be using the O11-dynamic case by lian li which has a ton of radiator space. i need to squeeze every ounce of performance out of this one due to the restrictions it comes with.

Let me know about the monitor situation too. which ultrawide do you think is best under a grand?
You probably could undervolt the 3950. But you wont gain any significant performance over 3900x i think.

The extra 100mhz is about 3% more performance and honnestly think that even the next gen gpus will be the bottleneck. And by that time you probably replace everything. So just get your original build should be good for a yaer or so;)

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
The lg is g sync thats better becaude it works undre 40 hz it doubles the frames but still. But with freesync you are moee free to switch to amd if they become interresting. If you lets say experience a dip in red dead redemption2 :)
Sli is imho absolutly useless since its not widely suported and you can get
Studder aswell:

Back to why i dont like intel? I used intel exclusively for the past 20 years but i changed to amd this year and sofar didnt regrett it. I never play games on 1080 so i dont care about the fake 5ghz ( for a milisecond) and in everything else the 3900x is better than intel. I guess its user speciffic so you can probably stick to your specs.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
L8test rumormill
Bouth10900k and 3950x should come out on 25.11. Accidentialy;)
And im not shure how ncase work but ghost actually is made in badges roughly 1/2 year

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
damn that's tempting. im guessing the prices of the 9900k and 3900x will stay the same though. im really on the fence about both. im pretty sure im leaning towards intel just because its my first computer in a long time and i want something i know will be stable but i also really like some of amd's features. i also really like their interface and how you can mess with the cpu clock without having to go into the bios.

do you know anywhere that lists the dimentions of the AC 2080ti NEXT block? im still trying to make sure i can fit it!

its so damn hard to choose between ips and VA. i feel ike the IPS pannel is going to be nicer but its hard to say.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
L8test rumormill
Bouth10900k and 3950x should come out on 25.11. Accidentialy;)
And im not shure how ncase work but ghost actually is made in badges roughly 1/2 year
Hey man do you have any idea if there is going to be a noticeable difference from the alienware AW3418DW and perhaps either LG's 34GK950f-B or MSI's Optix MPG341CQR? I'm having a hell of a time deciding on if it's worth it to spend the extra $250ish dollars on either of the two because I can get the Alienware for 650bucks right now... i think the only difference with the LG is that it has a 4ms response time and the LG has 1ms but they both are UPS. The msi is a VA I'm pretty sure but it also has 1 ms response time. The aliens alienware also is 120hz and the other two are 144hz. If you could help me figure this out I'd appreciate it man!

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Hey man do you have any idea if there is going to be a noticeable difference from the alienware AW3418DW and perhaps either LG's 34GK950f-B or MSI's Optix MPG341CQR? I'm having a hell of a time deciding on if it's worth it to spend the extra $250ish dollars on either of the two because I can get the Alienware for 650bucks right now... i think the only difference with the LG is that it has a 4ms response time and the LG has 1ms but they both are UPS. The msi is a VA I'm pretty sure but it also has 1 ms response time. The aliens alienware also is 120hz and the other two are 144hz. If you could help me figure this out I'd appreciate it man!
Hi

The Lg and and the Msi seem to have AH-IPS (if thats what you reffer to as UPS) with nano led 10bit pannels i would guess its the same pannel. The have nano led and HDR400 (as if that would be an industry standard) and both claim 1ms. And bo go from 48/50hz to 144hz
The dell/alienware (probably samsung)
Is maybe so cheap because there is an alienware 3420 on the market aswell.
Newertheless it has an 8bit pannell also AH-IPS. And 30-120hz.

I would go with the dell 400 is a lot if you have NBD service...
If the other2 can use HDR but i doubd it because HDR400 is not an industry standard. But i would stick with the dell you wount see the colors will have to cap fps and its always better to have a low low fps rate.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Now your waiting has an end to it
Behold the mighty king of performance:

It absolutly oblyterates intel in multicore performance :) and gives performance per watt a new meaning i cant believe it consumes less than the 3900x they had to binn the shi... out of these things i guess thats why it arived this late.

• Love
Reactions: paulesko

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
i know! i want it so damn bad but im having a hard time deciding if ill ever utilize all those cores. even if i barely stream and mostly just game you think i should grab it instead of the 9900ks?
yeah im leaning towards the dell. i can get it for 650USD right now compared to 800-850ish for the other ones.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Just mak
i know! i want it so damn bad but im having a hard time deciding if ill ever utilize all those cores. even if i barely stream and mostly just game you think i should grab it instead of the 9900ks?
yeah im leaning towards the dell. i can get it for 650USD right now compared to 800-850ish for the other ones.
Yea if its anything like the 3900x you will be lucky to get one;)
I got mine in the first week and than there was nothing for 3 months:)
Get the ks if you can that should be more efficient but dont expect any 5 ghz with that cooling you would need at least 360 plus normal 240 prefferably 2x 360

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
I got a 9700k and 1080ti on two AIOs in my Loque Ghost S1. Case is a bit of a mess until my pslatecustoms cables come. Can see the progression of the build / mess. Temps are high right now but hoping the shorter cables and a little more clean up they should get better. But it is a small case so can only ask for so much.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
That looks pretty sick man, I actually really like the louqe. Wish I could find two large top h as ts then I'd consider it over the M1 maybe. Also have you tried any noctua fans? What's the specs?