?Ncase M1 or Louqe Ghost water cooled build help?

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Alphacc
It's something related to the impeller, because it's unbereable even at 1.500 rpm. I have changed back and forth between the 2600 and 3600 several times and the former is far far quieter.

The thing is that I found a guy that solved this problem using a different o-ring. I've ordered it and we will see if it works. The ring was designed by alpha cool to be used with the dc-lt 3600 and the 5.25 double unit bay... I'm hoping to solve the problem the same way, but who knows.
Alphacool right you have to leve and hate them at the same time:) yea ive seen the thing in the assembly videos but there are currently no 3600 lts in stock in Germany so i went for the dual 2600 top (i think the ring is in that kit) that fits aswell into the ghost so in case if emergency i keep the 50mm expansion tank and the 2 pump top under the psu.
I will disassemble the loop watercool the 2080 and try 1 240 first.
Do you have a ghost or the n case?

Reactions: KronDestroyer13

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have the ncase right now but would love to buy a ghost. In fact it was my first idea, only the lack of availavility made me try the ncase, and I´m very happy because it´s a wonderful case, in fact its so good that is a bit on the easy side... if you like a challenge one should go smaller IMO.

All these investigations are very funny indeed. The finn area on the eisbaer is rather small, If I remember correctly around 25 mm but don´t take my word for it, I don´t have good memory, but I will think about this when deciding which block to buy.

Your loop is very interesting, and the loque doesn´t allow mouch more than using the dc-lt, I didn´t know you had two inside the case, I´ll have a look again at the pics.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Your loop is very interesting, and the loque doesn´t allow mouch more than using the dc-lt, I didn´t know you had two inside the case, I´ll have a look again at the pics.

I currently have just one dc-lt but where it is situated this fitts also
i tried in CAD ;)

Honestly you could fit an ddc there if you move the psu up and flip the top radiator 180 to have the ports in front but you would have to use the standart top either with flexible 10mm tubes or doo a weird conversion on the threaded one. If i get realy mad might doo a variant of that. Or get a top witch is small and has 2 fornt ports for in and out like this.

Edit:
My mistake you cant move the psu any higher:) ill try around next week and we see will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Sorry for the late response guys. i work as a package car driver for UPS and its brutal sometimes. we are getting ready for the holiday season and its just going to get worse. I'm already working 10-12 hour days lol but hey this is how im able to afford all this expensive hardware so bring it on! But anyways enough with the sob story. I think i'm aiming for the Apogee and just going to turn the pump down a bit to reduce noise and vibrations and grab two Nemesis 240's if those sound good to you guys. Ill get two NF-A12x15's and 2 of the 25's for the side unless you think ill need the extra room and should just stick with the 25's? i'm guessing if i'm able to fit the 25's it will give me a few degrees lower on temps but that may be wishful thinking. Also don't know how many fittings i should get and what brand to go with. i was thinking of just getting some from Alphacool unless there is a better brand? i kinda like corsairs but they might be a bit overpriced.Also was thinking about getting two quick disconnects for the side rad so i can easily take it on and off during the whole build and future repairs or upgrades. I kinda like EVGA's 2080ti hydro copper water block, it has multiple port locations but would you guys just stick with EK? Let me know if any of this sounds like a bad idea. LOL PS if anyone knows where i can find a apogee in stock that would be awesome. or if you know someone who's selling theirs. Thanks boys, hope everyone had a good Halloween! One last thing do you guys think ill be able to save any money by waiting till near the holidays or if it will get worse? i'm trying to gauge when to start buying and don't know if it will be worth waiting.

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
For the radiator, I think that HL nemesis 240 gts is a safe bet, it is supposed to be one of the best if not the best slim radiator, so good on that front.
I dont´know about the fans though, I´m not sure how much room you´ll have on the bottom of the case after putting the block on the graphics card, but my bet is that you´ll need the 15mm thick ones if you are going to use the 30mm thick fan. I´ve just measure 57mm from the pcb of my graphics card to the bottom of the case, in there you have tu take 30mm of the radiator and 15mm of the fan, you have that is 45mm which let us only 12mm left.... I don´t know if that´s enough really. Are you sure you can put that rad under the graphics card? Alphacool has a 25mm thick rad, although it only sells with the iesbaer LT I´m afraid. And also xspc has a 20mm thick rad that looks good because it has a bit higher density fin than normal (20fpi)

On the side there´s room to spare, so you can put 25mm fan there and a 35 rad I guess would also fit with no problem.

As long as fittings go, I can tell you that corsair looks very good, I read somewhere that bitspower are their oem supplier and that´s a good thing. Alphacool has some very good looking quick disconnects.

On the timing I can´t tell you anything for sure, but maybe (I don´t follow rumors, so maybe I´m wrong) AMD will say or release something about their new high end graphics cards this november that could make nvidia lower prices, I don´t know I think it would be a good move to show their new flagship card along with the 3950x and the threadripper but that card needs to beat or come close to the 2080 ti at a lesser price in order to make nvidia lower its prices, but who knows. I would just wait november and thats all. It´s seems that all the fireworks are reserved for 2020 sadly.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Take a look at this build log, OP is using dual radiators with an Apogee. You should be able to get an idea of the connectors you will need and how you want to route your tubing.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
No worries we are not your GF no need for apologees here.
I woul take this approach:
The rule of thumb is that the best performance to thicness radiators are 30mm and the best performance to thikness fans are 25 mm thats why all the aios use them.

Rads:
HW labs were the first ones to introduce :
16finns per inch
7 coolant channels per side
And the "wings" (aka slots) in the finns
Now days you can get a alphacool st30 v.2 thats a copy of the design while being narrower 125mm vs 133mm.

For the bottom one i would go for 20mm xspc since it looks awfull tight down there.

Fans: if you have the money get the noctua A12x25 and 12x15 they are safe to advice especialy the a12x25 if you use the seal frame they are easily the best fans for radiators...
The problem with 15mm fans is not that they dont blow they perform good at 1600rpm but thats ubearable noise levels for me. The 25mm (almost all of them) are unbearable above 1200/1300 rpm.
If you dont like shitty brown they shpuld come in black aswell next year;)

Gpu block:

Most of the blocks are fine. The one that cools the most parts besides the gpu ram and vrm is the aquacomputer NEXT it even has a heatpipe to the back side as an option (and it happrns to be the best cooling one aswell). The evga stuff is ok but here in EU its verry expensive.
But generally brands like:
Ek, xspc, watercool heatkiller, alphacool, aquacomputer... are all good. I would leave fingers of brands like:
Phantek
corsair they had som problems with the first units with leaking of the ports if you put stress on them (thats a nogo for me)

Reactions: paulesko

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
I have researched the radiator they used on the bottom and its a
Coolworld 240mm Radiator
It seems to be a chinese aliexpress one and 25mm tall.
As i mentioned earlier you can go for the xspc 20mm they have them even as x flow that and the 15mm fans should be plenty enough for the 2080 ti and still be silent the "thick" 240 can take care of the cpu.
Alternatively you could go for the alphacoop eisbaer 240 lt you can use the 25mm rad abd the pumpblock and get rid of the piping since its garbage. And get an st30 240 v.2as an addon and if the pump doesnt handle the loop you can still pit another dclt 2600 with a reservoir to assist and then the system would be redundant;)

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
You have described my idea lol. The only difference is that I have chopped my psu so I can put a nemesis gtx on the side of the ncase.
Why? I don't know. Just to try, maybe it's not even worth it ?

Reactions: stepnyVLK

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
You have described my idea lol. The only difference is that I have chopped my psu so I can put a nemesis gtx on the side of the ncase.
Why? I don't know. Just to try, maybe it's not even worth it ?
If you have 6mm more space try to get the sr2 that has all the bennefits plus high floerate. Should be one of the best rads on the market...

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Ok I'm getting ready to buy the majority of my water cooling gear(let me know if this is a bad idea to do before I get the pc components)which is freaking me out due to the sheer price of just them alone. Amazon only has a non crossflow version of the Tx240 in white unfortunately so I might either just wait and buy that separately or paint the white one black. Here is a little overview of what I had in mind to start out with let me know what you think because they are going out of stock pretty quick and I'd like to buy the majority from amazon just due to the fact it's so easy to return stuff if needed.
I don't know how to add pictures on here yet. It looks like I have to use photobucket or something like that but I could just be stupid. Lol I was hoping I could just post it from my phone. Let me know if I'm just being a idiot and can. Also please let me know if need more fittings or anything else because I litterally have this in my cart ready to buy and want to get it before half of its sold out.
1. Aquacomputer kyrographics NEXT 2080ti GPU block
2. Aquacomputer backplate for kyrographics NEXT 2080ti,active XCS(I'm worried the extra little added bump of metal will be too much for the small amount of space I'm working with but I'd love to use it if I can)
3. 2x noctua nf-a12x25
4. 2x noctua nf-a12x15
5. alphacool HF G1/4" to 10mm ID, 16mm OD compression fitting 90° 4 pack
6. 2x Alphacool 17282 eiszapfen quick release connector G1/4 inner thread
7. Alphacool 17234 eiszapfen 16/10mm compression fitting 6 pack
8.EKWB EK-tube zero maintenance soft tubing 9.5/15.9mm(3/8" ID, 5/8" OD) 3 meter,black.(let me know if you think I need more)
10. Black ice Nemesis 240 gets Radiator
11. XSPC TX240ultrathin Radiator

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

One warning. That is an Aquacomputer block with active cooling backplate, it works really well but you are not able to put the fittings at the top being too close to the radiator. Just a heads up. I was not using a bottom mounted radiator so this could be a problem.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Ok I'm getting ready to buy the majority of my water cooling gear(let me know if this is a bad idea to do before I get the pc components)which is freaking me out due to the sheer price of just them alone. Amazon only has a non crossflow version of the Tx240 in white unfortunately so I might either just wait and buy that separately or paint the white one black. Here is a little overview of what I had in mind to start out with let me know what you think because they are going out of stock pretty quick and I'd like to buy the majority from amazon just due to the fact it's so easy to return stuff if needed.
I don't know how to add pictures on here yet. It looks like I have to use photobucket or something like that but I could just be stupid. Lol I was hoping I could just post it from my phone. Let me know if I'm just being a idiot and can. Also please let me know if need more fittings or anything else because I litterally have this in my cart ready to buy and want to get it before half of its sold out.
1. Aquacomputer kyrographics NEXT 2080ti GPU block
2. Aquacomputer backplate for kyrographics NEXT 2080ti,active XCS(I'm worried the extra little added bump of metal will be too much for the small amount of space I'm working with but I'd love to use it if I can)
3. 2x noctua nf-a12x25
4. 2x noctua nf-a12x15
5. alphacool HF G1/4" to 10mm ID, 16mm OD compression fitting 90° 4 pack
6. 2x Alphacool 17282 eiszapfen quick release connector G1/4 inner thread
7. Alphacool 17234 eiszapfen 16/10mm compression fitting 6 pack
8.EKWB EK-tube zero maintenance soft tubing 9.5/15.9mm(3/8" ID, 5/8" OD) 3 meter,black.(let me know if you think I need more)
10. Black ice Nemesis 240 gets Radiator
11. XSPC TX240ultrathin Radiator

THANKS AGAIN GUYS!
If its your first build go the safe way dont go something that sounds nice and could lead to incompatibility. Plus you have a refference card design right?
If you go for the EK block they have this addon:

Or the evga one should be fine if you can get it cheap here in the EU its by far the most expensive one.
Plus i would higly advice you to get the fittings that match the tube because you never know if they turn into a nightmare because of a 0,5mm.
Ek has anyway the bether inner diameter in the fittings. Alphacool seems that they have better seals (seems tighter for turning by hand;)
Ek suggest these guys:
( not green ofcourse)
And dont paint ypurself you should use. Special paint and you can spoil the performance if you use a wrong paint.

Im not shure if you plan to get an expansion tank (reservoir) but get 2 fittings for i component and extra 2 just in case trust me;) So that would be 2x2 rads 2 cpu 2 gpu 2 for the tank thats 10 at least

3 meters is enough for 3-4 of these small cases i would be surprised if you use more than a meter ;)
Rest looks fine to me.

And definetly try to go for amazon if stuff doesnt fitt send it back i got an broken radiator and send it back and the seller complained that it was nothing wrong with it but had to refund me ;) (wrong packaging) the black ice got crashed on a corner)

Last edited:

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Oh yes and another 2 fittings for the quick detouch cupling ;)
See always take extra 2
You never know where these 15 bucks saved would get you into trouble :)

And try to get 90 deg angles1/4 inch to 1/4 inch plus extra fittings instead of 90 deg with fittings they are more practical

if you dicede not to use them or change tubing in the future for rigid ...
Again the Ek ones are the smallest plus biggest inner diameter but the alphacool seem stiffer (trust me i have sh... loads of alphaccol stuff in storage ;)
And dont worry about the money if you tweek the system right it will be the best system you ever had. I never regreted spending money on any of my watercooled builds. With the noctuas you will go whisper silent ;) i would lut both rads on exhaust i guess...

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Take a look at this build log, OP is using dual radiators with an Apogee. You should be able to get an idea of the connectors you will need and how you want to route your tubing.

I don't think they are selling the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2 anymore. Been trying to find one

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
I don't think they are selling the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2 anymore. Been trying to find one

They dont say they are discontinued on their official site, I hope they aren't because i really want one. I'm sure i can get away with a less powerful pump/block combo but i like the apogee for some reason. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Oh yes and another 2 fittings for the quick detouch cupling ;)
See always take extra 2
You never know where these 15 bucks saved would get you into trouble :)

And try to get 90 deg angles1/4 inch to 1/4 inch plus extra fittings instead of 90 deg with fittings they are more practical

if you dicede not to use them or change tubing in the future for rigid ...
Again the Ek ones are the smallest plus biggest inner diameter but the alphacool seem stiffer (trust me i have sh... loads of alphaccol stuff in storage ;)
And dont worry about the money if you tweek the system right it will be the best system you ever had. I never regreted spending money on any of my watercooled builds. With the noctuas you will go whisper silent ;) i would lut both rads on exhaust i guess...

Ok so basically if I'm getting EK tubing I should make sure all the fittings that are connecting to the tube(compression) be EK? Or just go with all EK fittings together. Except for the quick disconnect because i dont like the idea of the plastic one EK offers and it's super expensive and weird in my opinion.
Yeah I'm going with a reference card. I've read that if your doing water cooling there is no point in buying a custom pcb card.
Damn I'm pissed that the aquacomputer block doesn't look like it will work. I like that block alot but it's not worth the risk of it not fitting. Im curious though because se e that picture looks like the fitting attachment part is alot bugger then the one I've been looking at. Is yours @rfarmer a 2080ti NEXT? What do you guys think of the watercool heatkiller? Or does that litterally use the same design? I like the idea of a full cover waterblock. Evga and EK only covers the chip, vram and memory I think. But if you guys don't think I'll be able to fit it I'll just grab the evga or EK one most likely.
Ps I'm going to get that same reservoir by frozenq that's in that picture.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
They dont say they are discontinued on their official site, I hope they aren't because i really want one. I'm sure i can get away with a less powerful pump/block combo but i like the apogee for some reason. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Ok so basically if I'm getting EK tubing I should make sure all the fittings that are connecting to the tube(compression) be EK? Or just go with all EK fittings together. Except for the quick disconnect because i dont like the idea of the plastic one EK offers and it's super expensive and weird in my opinion.
Yeah I'm going with a reference card. I've read that if your doing water cooling there is no point in buying a custom pcb card.
Damn I'm pissed that the aquacomputer block doesn't look like it will work. I like that block alot but it's not worth the risk of it not fitting. Im curious though because se e that picture looks like the fitting attachment part is alot bugger then the one I've been looking at. Is yours @rfarmer a 2080ti NEXT? What do you guys think of the watercool heatkiller? Or does that litterally use the same design? I like the idea of a full cover waterblock. Evga and EK only covers the chip, vram and memory I think. But if you guys don't think I'll be able to fit it I'll just grab the evga or EK one most likely.
Ps I'm going to get that same reservoir by frozenq that's in that picture.
If you use the Aquacomputer without the active cooling backplate the fitting attachment is shorter and should fit with no problem. The GPU in the pic is a GTX 1080 FE and heatkiller are very good blocks.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Hearkiller and aquatuning are some of the best on the market. So ond or the other.
Fittings ek states that the soft tubing is compatible with the EK ACF fitting i would go for that its shorter than alphacool in a small case that can matter.
Quick detouch cuplings IMHO are useless you anyway get bubbles and leaks. And if you are not a reviewer or swap cards regularely there is no need for vodoo like that. Plus it limits the flow. And they are super chunky.
Why dont you go for a dedicated ddc with the standard push on top that should work with youre hose.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
Except for the quick disconnect because i dont like the idea of the plastic one EK offers and it's super expensive and weird in my opinion.
The alphacool quick links you send dont have fittings:
"Deep Black Thread: 2x 1/4" internal thread"
As i sayed get one type of fittings
I would suggeat ek acf
2x2 rads 2x2 quick detachment 2 gpu 2 cpu 2 for espansion bottle. So 14
and 2-4 90deg angles they are handy
Thats why i dont like to use quick cuplings the often cost 60+ for no real bennefit.
And dont forget the coolant get something not colored its just troubble.