GPU ⌨ 2080ti or wait??

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Hey guys, just curious what any of you would do in my situation. I've been slowly saving up for my mini itx build and I'm about ready to pull the trigger. More then ready to be honest, I can hardly wait. I'm a bit hesitant though on whether or not it's a good choice to buy a 2080ti or wait until the next best thing to come out. I've heard rumors that it might be happening the first part of 2020 but who knows when that could be. I'm going to be gaming on a 120hz ultrawide so the 2080ti honestly will more then likely be enough in most titles but then again another 20% give or take on whatever does finally come will be a welcomed improvement. I dont have another system so I'm impatiently waiting on doing this build but I'm also trying to be smart about it. Any help would be much appreciated. The build I'm going for is
Kraken aio
32gb 3600mhz ram
2tb nvme
Asrock gaming phantom
Asus 2080ti strix it evga ftw3(depending on the case)
I'm also debating in either the sliger sm580 or ncase M1. I'm kinda leaning towards the sliger just based on availability but if you guys have a say in what would be better I'm all ears.

YESWEKEN

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2019
I recently built pretty much exactly the same system in my NCASE M1 and I have no regrets. I don't upgrade very often these days so no matter what I get, I will end up watching the gpu/cpu market pass me by.

I am running a 9900k, 3600mhz cl14 memory, 2tb ssd, z390 (asus rog strix) and a 2080Ti FE... all running on an LG 34" ultrawide gsync lcd. My LCD only goes up to 120hz, but honestly, since I like keeping all the eye candy on in my games, 120hz is aroof I hardly ever butt up against. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably go with the Asrock phantom, but having front panel USB-C is kind of handy

Reactions: KronDestroyer13

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah that's litterally the same setup I just got. I ended up pulling the trigger(hope I dont regret not waiting). I have a strix version of the 2080ti, same mobo but also wanted the phantom, unfortunately it was running about 260 bucks though so I ended up having to go with the strix mobo too, pretty disappointed but hopefully it will keep me happy and work ok. It deff looks better but I'd rather have a better performing peice of hardware imo. You have any regrets on the strix mobo man,Or does it do its job? And what PSU did you grab? I'm worried the 600w corsair platinum I got is going to not be enough.

Last edited:

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
I ended up buying it. Lol I'm too I'm too impatient to wait for the next best thing. I'm worrying the 600w PSU I got isnt going to be enough for ocing headroom though. I understand stress test type loads are not what its going to be pulling while gaming but people have been making it seem like I need to get a 750. I bought everything together and still haven't received anything in the mail and technically can send it back and get the 750 platinum by corsair but I dont want to wait to build this beast.

YESWEKEN

Caliper Novice
Aug 22, 2019
I got the Corsair Platinum 750w SFX but a friend who has a similar system got the platinum 600w and he's fine. Since they come with the same sleeved cables, I think I would have been fine with the 600w. Also running the Kraken x52 with a couple of Noctua NF-A12x25 fans.

the build

the lcd

Reactions: KronDestroyer13

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks for the help, sent you a message in your thread. Hope this 600 with keep up with the hardware and some OCing. Litterally all I'll be doing is gaming but I'll have to run some stress tests to make sure my OC is stable, so other then that It shouldn't see full loads ever again. Wish I could say I'd be doing more with it but Ill litterally have spent 3500 on strictly a gaming system.( I dont regret it at all) lol

Reactions: YESWEKEN

robinthakur

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the help, sent you a message in your thread. Hope this 600 with keep up with the hardware and some OCing. Litterally all I'll be doing is gaming but I'll have to run some stress tests to make sure my OC is stable, so other then that It shouldn't see full loads ever again. Wish I could say I'd be doing more with it but Ill litterally have spent 3500 on strictly a gaming system.( I dont regret it at all) lol
How do you find the SM580 for heat levels? I have one in production atm and it is monumentally expensive ito import it to Europe ($400+) I'm also going to be using a Palit Gaming OC 2080 TI card with it and a 3700X in a Aorus X570. Cooler-wise will probably go with Kraken X52, but just built it in an old Silverstone FT03 atm and it runs pretty hot.

KronDestroyer13

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
How do you find the SM580 for heat levels? I have one in production atm and it is monumentally expensive ito import it to Europe ($400+) I'm also going to be using a Palit Gaming OC 2080 TI card with it and a 3700X in a Aorus X570. Cooler-wise will probably go with Kraken X52, but just built it in an old Silverstone FT03 atm and it runs pretty hot.
I still haven't received it In the mail yet, litterally have everything else and paid for the faster shipping method but apparently due to the holidays they have a 5-7 production time so well see when I actually get it. As far as I have seen as long as you have the vented side panels and invest in some noctua fans you should be fine. Once I get everything built I'll be running alot of tests and I'll give you a heads up. I originally wanted to buy a ncase M1 but they were taking way to long to come out with the v6 and someone here suggested I check out sliger. I got the kraken x62(the 280 version) and the asus gaming OC 2080ti is a monster of a card. Like I said though I'll prob have it built by Christmas and I'll post the build pics with idle and load temps.