Production сase series: SL1 2.1L; SL2 3.4L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

...in search of a simple and convenient design...
This is a new line of cases made of steel. More strength and cheaper cost!

Case SL1 2.1L rev.3 is our smallest case! It was designed for office and multimedia tasks.
The simple case design allows you to conveniently assemble a PC in it and maintain it. The case can be hung on the monitor or on the wall using the VESA mount.
  • Size: 2.1L (187mm x 190mm x 60mm)
  • Material: Steel (1mm)
  • MB: mini-ITX (170x170mm)
  • GPU: none (integrated graphics on the CPU)
  • Cooler: up to 43mm high
  • Storage: 1 x SSD 2.5 "
    The 2.5 "thickness of the drive reduces the allowable height for the cooler.
  • PSU: pico HDPLEX DC-ATX or Dynamo Mini
    with external power supply unit 19.5V> 80-240W
more about the case on the website

SL2 3.4L rev.3 is the best mini PC case with internal power supply. It was designed for the top-end Core i7 and RYZEN 5 processors with integrated graphics.
First of all, this compact case is suitable for developers for whom only the power of the CPU is important. It is also ideal for assembling a PC as a media center.

• Size: 3.28L (265mm x 185mm x 67mm)
  • Cooler: up to 48mm high
  • Storage: 2 x SSD 2.5" 7mm
  • PSU: FLEX 1U (41x82x150mm)
    SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP -300SUG, 7600 ENP-Plat. 400 -600W, FSP GURU300 or other

SL2 3.7L rev.4 - steel case for mini PC with internal power supply. It was designed for Intel Core and AMD RYZEN processors with integrated graphics. The key feature is support for coolers up to 70mm high.
First of all, this compact case will suit developers who only care about CPU power. It is also ideal for building a PC as a media center.

• Size: 3.7L (228mm x 183mm x 88mm)
  • Cooler: up to 70mm high
  • Storage: 1 x SSD 2.5" 7mm
    *maximum cooler height with this installation is no more than 60mm
  • PSU: FLEX 1U (41x82x150mm)
    SilverStone FX350-G, Seasonic SSP -300SUG, 7600 ENP-Plat. 400 -600W, FSP GURU300 or other

Last edited:

DSmithBYU

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
For say the SL3/4, is the HDPlex 400w DC-ATX+300w AC-DC compatible with them or is the G-Unique PSUs ideally preferred for these cases??

SAYIND

Case Bender
Jun 29, 2018
Во сколько обойдется SL1 и SL 2 с доставкой в Россию?

Moderator edit: please use english, as stated in the rules

What is the cost of SL1 and SL2 with delivery to Russia?
(English translation)

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYIND

Case Bender
Jun 29, 2018
[QUOTE = "chyll2, post: 103726, участник: 8005"] Каково ожидаемое значение SL4? [/ QUOTE]
most likely some new housing in development!

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Your ideas are good, but you should really have a second person look over your work as a last design editing step.
For instance, the poor placement of that power button bothers me. A lot. It's not even centered.
Just a tip.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Your ideas are good, but you should really have a second person look over your work as a last design editing step.
For instance, the poor placement of that power button bothers me. A lot. It's not even centered.
Just a tip.
Hello Friend...

your advice is important to us. We will think over design.

Reactions: xelrix

xelrix

Cable Smoosher
Dec 6, 2017
Regarding SL2, would it be better to have grills on the side of the motherboard?
If possible, maybe mounts for 40/50mm fans.

Also, wouldn't mind for the dimension to be increased a bit of space for some cable routing behind the motherboard, and maybe compatibility with stock coolers (intel&amd). I hope you would consider compatibility for stock coolers since the cases is targeted for low cost, not having to spend on 3rd party coolers would be nice.

This space could also double as space for 2.5 ssds. Though I don't think that would be of high priority since we could just use m2 drives (no cables too!).

I could understand if you dont want to since addition of a backspace (space behind motherboard) would increase cost and complexity of the design as then you are required to machine another panel too.

Maybe a bit of a buffer zone around the motherboard so on can clip cables around without them touching components on the motherboard.

Or just space for higher motherboard standoffs?

I also agree with above poster regarding the position of the switch. Though I'm not as particular as them. Doesn't need to be centered. Just shift the switch a few mm down and it would've been fine. The top edge of the switch sitting so close to the edge while being so far away from the side edge seems a bit icky.

Another comment would be the logo. I hope the logo is a metallic sticker and not a hole. Easy access to a motherboard back from outside is not a good idea. This would prevent placing the case horizontally as shown in the pictures.
I think it would be better if you moved the logo to the front panel, if you still want to make the logo a cut out hole.

Now, another idea (for another case) would be to switch the position of the psu and the motherboard. Flip the flex psu 90 degree and this would allow for space for a low profile gpu card without having too much deadspace. The space above the motherboard could be use to higher/stock cooler.
Think of silverstone ml06-e, but flex atx and the minimalist aesthetic of your design.

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
one case is in stock. you can buy right now. fill the form

case SL1 itx 2.3L
rev. 1.1

- Volume: 2.36L (183mm x 185mm x 70mm)
- Material: 1mm Steel, Powder Coating
- MB: mini-ITX (170x170mm)
- GPU: no
- CPU Cooler: up to 50mm
- Storage: 1 x 2.5@ SSD/HDD
- PSU: External power supply / brick ATABA 12V 10A (100W) / pico psu Z1-ATX-160
- kit price + shipping $99

Reactions: ryandvd and xelrix

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello friends! The information in the header of this topic has been updated. Many new photos. Also soon new photos with accessories.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Do you take order for the "SL5 mx 6.9L" yet? Also which side does the GPU face on this case ?
it has a similar configuration like zaber or node 202. It uses hard pcie making the GPU face the other side (basically not the same side as CPU)