sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Here it is, the new MINI case!
case MINI 3.8L rev.8
MINI 3.8L is the most compact and lightweight aluminum case. It was designed for components such as Core i5 processors and GeForce GTX 1660ti graphics cards. The components are powered by an external power supply unit and an internal pico PSU.
The arrangement of the components according to the "Sandwich" type makes it possible to take cold air from outside the case and drive it up. In this way, overheating of the components can be avoided even without additional blowing from the case fans.

Specs:
  • Size: 110mm x 188mm x 185mm
  • Material: Aluminum; Steel (1.5mm)
  • MB: mini-ITX (170x170mm)
  • GPU: up to 180mm long
  • Cooler: up to 43mm high
  • RAM: up to 47 mm high
  • PSU: pico PSU
    For example HDPLEX DC-ATX
    or pico Dynamo Mini
    with external power supply unit 19.5V> 180-240W
    Also any other pico PSU

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I know that this design is based around using a g-unique unit, but is there any chance of maybe having a design using an hdplex psu instead? I know it would make it a bit bigger, but it would add many more options and maybe appeal to more people. I am and I also think some other people are nervous about gurys stuff since it appears he can be hard to reach.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I know that this design is based around using a g-unique unit, but is there any chance of maybe having a design using an hdplex psu instead? I know it would make it a bit bigger, but it would add many more options and maybe appeal to more people. I am and I also think some other people are nervous about gurys stuff since it appears he can be hard to reach.
why it is difficult to get? it can be ordered together with the enclosure.

Ryuji009

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2018
I agree with loader963. While the G-Unique can be ordered with the system, having the option to use an HDPlex, Dynamo from KMPKT, or other PicoPSU would allow for more variation.

suppose someone wants to change their configuration down the road. G-Unique PSUs are not modular, and typically the wires are made to an exact length which does not leave room for change.

It's not a knock against your case design, as these are amazing and the iterations shows your passion for component cramming. That being said, it would expand the audience to allow for alternate pico power supply units.

Reactions: loader963

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I love the style of case and I know Gury is very smart, it’s just I get nervous reading from his customers. It is a good thing you do offer the case and psu in a bundle. When will you have the estimated prices, photo album, and case options up?

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
HDPlex also allows for a wider range of external brick options because of its wide voltage support.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
The prototype looks beautiful. Really happy to see you continuing to refine your cases. This is mighty tempting.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Will this 3.2L version support the Gigabyte 1070/1080 and the MSI 1070?

I don't think HDPlex can realistically fit in either version of this case, but what about the Dynamo 360?

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Will this 3.2L version support the Gigabyte 1070/1080 and the MSI 1070?

no. for this case there will be a larger case. volume of 3.7L

I don't think HDPlex can realistically fit in either version of this case, but what about the Dynamo 360?

what it is? is there a specification? Can the sizes? blueprints? give 3d model ...

Ketchup

Trash Compacter
Jul 13, 2016
@sergiiua,

So i’ve been using the mini 4L ver 4.0 if i’m not mistaken for about 6 months now and I do have a recommendation after all these months. If you haven’t done so in the versions after mine, I would put better feets then the small rubbery ones that are on version 4.0. The glue on them didn’t stick for very long.

Since you already put small round holes at the bottom, I figure you could use that to put feets that you can screw instead of glue. You could even put that as an extra option and leave it to the person ordering it.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
@sergiiua,

So i’ve been using the mini 4L ver 4.0 if i’m not mistaken for about 6 months now and I do have a recommendation after all these months. If you haven’t done so in the versions after mine, I would put better feets then the small rubbery ones that are on version 4.0. The glue on them didn’t stick for very long.

Since you already put small round holes at the bottom, I figure you could use that to put feets that you can screw instead of glue. You could even put that as an extra option and leave it to the person ordering it.
Thank you for your advice.

you are right about the legs on the glue is not a good idea. we already go to the screw connection.

Reactions: Mtthwmths

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Wow. I sent you an e-mail asking you for photos of the 3.2L model - that's only because, for some reason, my web browser did not load the Imgur library in your original post. Now that I see it - yep, this is exactly what I want. =) Really looking forward to this, it'll be worth the wait.

Please do let us know when you're ready to take orders for it.