Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

Tmsveen

Case Bender
Feb 21, 2018
Been following here for over a month now. First off, awesome job with the case! Great reviews from @tekeverything and now with the perfect fit of the NH-L12s, I am sold.

Another member patiently waiting for the overclockers resupply. Shame there is no pre-order function.

Also some interesting builds here and case combos, nice work

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Been following here for over a month now. First off, awesome job with the case! Great reviews from @tekeverything and now with the perfect fit of the NH-L12s, I am sold.

Another member patiently waiting for the overclockers resupply. Shame there is no pre-order function.

Also some interesting builds here and case combos, nice work
Thanks! Appreciate the support.

The plan was for the case to be kept fully stocked up at Overclockers UK, but the recent bunch of video reviews spiked demand and the popular design parts sold out (interestingly allot of grey since the Tek Everything video :) ). I think it caught the Overclockers Product manager and myself a little off guard.

I'm planning to deliver the resupply on Friday 30th March, I would therefore expect it to be ready for order by Monday 2nd April. Sorry for the wait and thanks for your patience!

Reactions: Tmsveen and Phuncz

OB1

Efficiency Noob
Mar 12, 2018
So far Temps have been fine, but I've only loaded up Overwatch and Total Warhammer, and ran Haven! I went for a similar build to tek everything, just not as high end. I have i5 8400, and 1070 GPU with 16GB of Ram. Same Mobo, cooler and Fan. I did find screwing in the fan guard and fan on the right panel a little tricky but got there in the end (This was my first build). I am very happy with it and I think it goes well with my desk and setup.

I posted some pics up on Facebook group "PC Gamers UK - Custom Builds - Social Gaming Group" and there has been some very positive feedback!

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
So far Temps have been fine, but I've only loaded up Overwatch and Total Warhammer, and ran Haven! I went for a similar build to tek everything, just not as high end. I have i5 8400, and 1070 GPU with 16GB of Ram. Same Mobo, cooler and Fan. I did find screwing in the fan guard and fan on the right panel a little tricky but got there in the end (This was my first build). I am very happy with it and I think it goes well with my desk and setup.

I posted some pics up on Facebook group "PC Gamers UK - Custom Builds - Social Gaming Group" and there has been some very positive feedback!

Wow, that looks awesome! Would you mind if I shared your desk photos?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Got the Noctua NH-U9S in, it's clearly a better fit when using an internal AC-DC brick:

But I still had issues with fitment in this orientation, it was slightly in the way of the AC-DC brick. I had to improvise the mounting:

Finally it's complete, excluding the power button ! It's now running with an overclocked i5-4670K @ 4.4GHz (vcore 1.25v), idle at 38°C, AIDA64's stability test is hovering around 76°C.
Today I got my power button and I decided to add the original fan to the heatsink, as is stock. I was expecting the two 140mm fans to be sufficient but the temperatures were higher than expected.

I went from 38°C idle and 76°C load to 32°C idle and 63°C load, so quite worth it. I do have to check the fan curves but it seems not too bad like this.

pulp_party

Cable Smoosher
Mar 19, 2018
You can order direct off the Lazer3D website to any country that isn't covered by OCUK.

Please note that we make each case to order and due to the current high demand for the case the lead time is around 3 - 4 weeks plus shipping.

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to purchase the dc-dc panel, but I dont see that option in the configurator, should i send an emal whith the exact configuration?

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to purchase the dc-dc panel, but I dont see that option in the configurator, should i send an emal whith the exact configuration?

I've not got round to adding the DC-DC stuff to the website options yet. I was going to add it as a different version of the LZ7, so you would have the LZ7-SFX and the LZ7-DC.

Please send me a screenshot of the design configuration you would like to kevin@lazer3d.com and mention in your email any extra configuration options such as the DC-DC panels.

Tobware

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2018
I've just created an account, but I've lurked here for years.
I want to use this case for an APU build, I don't need the PCIe opening, any possibilities to get a custom panel without it?

Reactions: VegetableStu

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I checked Overclockers April 3:rd to do my order, after the supposed stock update, but already then some parts were out of stock (again vandal switch panel, etc). Now even more parts are out of stock. Not sure what to do.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I checked Overclockers April 3:rd to do my order, after the supposed stock update, but already then some parts were out of stock (again vandal switch panel, etc). Now even more parts are out of stock. Not sure what to do.

I've sent you a PM.

I am very sorry about this, the order was delivered on Friday 30th March which included 10x Black Vandal Open Panels and 10x Black Vandal Corner pieces. Its been a mad busy few weeks and it looks like Overclockers UK must have had a backlog of orders waiting for these specific parts and so they sold out straight away.

Please direct hate mail toward @Tek Everything XD for putting for his Mini ITX Super Build video which must have inspired allot of people to pick the same options :cool:

OCUK have now placed a further 2 even larger orders that I’m currently working through, we did not expect this sudden spike in demand, sorry to everyone who’s waiting!

I'm aiming to deliver the next batch of parts on Friday 13th April which should include more vandal side panels, switches and corner pieces.

The downside to all this LZ7 demand is that the upcoming new HT5 case launch will need to be delayed a little further, possibly until around the end of May / early June.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I'
The downside to all this LZ7 demand is that the upcoming new HT5 case launch will need to be delayed a little further, possibly until around the end of May / early June.

Too much time spent on hookers and blow?

edit: seriously now, congrats on the success. By the way, any chance you are working on something that accepts bigger cards? The market for a gpu is insane at the moment... and considering how happy I am with my 1080 STRIX I'd rather keep it if possible...

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Too much time spent on hookers and blow?

Don't think the family would approve of that!

seriously now, congrats on the success.

Thanks! Its been a bit of a whirlwind few months. I just noticed that the LZ7 is currently the second most popular PC case being sold at Overclockers UK!!!!!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cases-and-modding/pc-cases

By the way, any chance you are working on something that accepts bigger cards? The market for a gpu is insane at the moment... and considering how happy I am with my 1080 STRIX I'd rather keep it if possible...

At some point I want to make a mini tower/desktop case that can fit a full length GPU, but I need to get the HT5 released first, so your probably looking at 2019 kind of time-frame realistically.

@owliwar is working on a few new cases and I believe that one of them will be able to fit a full length GPU in certain configurations.