Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Have you answered who is actually fulfilling shipment for international? I'd like to know if there are going to be random handling charges from a third party carrier - not taxes or duties, but 3rd party charges.

shawnbeonkey

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 13, 2016
Backed for the handle at this point (not that I'm going to carry it around much, I just think the handle would be a great way to keep my cat from sitting on top of it...), might end up convincing myself to spring for the window by the end of the month. Super excited for this!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Backed ! Although 110$ shipping for Belgium is a lot, I guess this is excluding taxes and import duties ? This case is probably going to end up costing me over 400€.

Reactions: Ignostic

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
Yes, the shipping is a bit ridiculous. And that's with the bulk discount we get through our fulfillment partner, believe it or not :( We expected it to be high given it's international (NCASE charged $65 to ship theirs globally, for example) but we weren't expecting it to peak at ~$120 in some areas.

We're still working on trying to find a way to bring that down as much as possible, but it's challenging because of the nature of international shipping. Specific regions will be significantly less expensive, though, and we've manually set pricing for those. If and when we have updates here, we'll share them - for now though, we only want to promise what we know we can get.

Those "some areas" is the majority of the world. shipping is 109/121$ in every country except for Russia, Canada and Us. I've worked a lot with international shipping partners, and it seems to me that this was a comfortable choice of partner.

I also miss some kind of setup of the funding allocation.

I'm not meaning to be negative, but I think it's a shame that this awesome case is "ruined" by these ridiculous shipping rates. Mind this is ex. vat, so getting this case will be extremely expensive for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignostic

JimmyC

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 5, 2016
I've pledged, but ouch that shipping is a bit much. I can ship a 10kg parcel from the UK to USA for £50 via UPS and that's without any discounts. I love what you guys have done, but I'd really appreciate it if you could shop around a bit for the shipping.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
Shipping price is expensive, I still don't understand how this is possible in the US.
I can ship anywhere in the world for €66 incl. 21% tax and this is consumer shipping rates and insured up to €5500.

If that $121 is with import duties I can relate a little, but if it is just the shipping I'm hoping you can manage a way to reduce it.

Reactions: Pat-Roner

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Those "some areas" is the majority of the world. shipping is 109/121$ in every country except for Russia, Canada and Us. I've worked a lot with international shipping partners, and it seems to me that this was a comfortable choice of partner.

I also miss some kind of setup of the funding allocation.

I'm not meaning to be negative, but I think it's a shame that this awesome case is "ruined" by these ridiculous shipping rates. Mind this is ex. vat, so getting this case will be extremely expensive for a lot of people.

No no, we're just as frustrated with it. We've been trying to find ways to bring the price down, but we basically ran out of time before launching the Kickstarter since there's a delay between communicating with our fulfillment partner, and having them come back at us with quotes.

Granted, it's a metal box, and we want to pack it well, so shipping will be "high" no matter what (I was expecting around $80) - but it's still too high for what it is, at least in our opinion.

Shipping price is expensive, I still don't understand how this is possible in the US.
I can ship anywhere in the world for €66 incl. 21% tax and this is consumer shipping rates and insured up to €5500.

If that $121 is with import duties I can relate a little, but if it is just the shipping I'm hoping you can manage a way to reduce it.

We're exploring every avenue that we can, for sure. We don't want people to be priced out over something as stupid as shipping.

Ignostic

What's an ITX?
Mar 1, 2016
Really bummed out about the shipping cost...its puts the price over the top for me.

I could buy a 1 way ticket London-New York for the same price as shipping+vat/customs.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
As the kickstarter progesses and the quantity of International shipments becomes more established you start getting more leverage.
Do you want to fulfill 500 shipments or not? there are hundreds in the US alone I'd image that could help with fulfillment.

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
Pledged enough for the case and windowed panel!

As far as shipping goes, I'm lucky that I have a mail box in Washington ;)

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
How will the colour and option selection work upon the completion of the campaign? Is there going to be an email that I receive that will let me select my options, or is it done through Kickstarter?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
How will the colour and option selection work upon the completion of the campaign? Is there going to be an email that I receive that will let me select my options, or is it done through Kickstarter?

Kickstarter lets us send a poll to all backers after the campaign ends. We'll be collecting color and other preferences that way!

Reactions: Isomer

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Mar 3, 2015
That's really interesting that your shipping rates are more expensive than what my case ships for. Your guy's case is ~11.7 lbs compared to my case which is ~13.4 lbs. The most expensive shipping quote I have gotten was $120 and that was to Australia.

Shipping to European countries is around $70-85 for my case, personally. Very odd indeed...

Regardless, you guys did a great job presenting everything. Looks really professional! Good luck with the Kickstarter!

-Jeffinslaw

skukza

Trash Compacter
Aug 15, 2015
Backed!

Postage is pretty steep but worth it, fingers crossed for hitting 225k for red!