Stuffing a Sugo SG13

phaelax

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
Very similar build to what I've recently assembled, only yours is in a smaller case. I opted for a corsair H55 cooler instead. You make me want a 3D printer!

matt3o

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
Very similar build to what I've recently assembled, only yours is in a smaller case. I opted for a corsair H55 cooler instead. You make me want a 3D printer!

I can't live without a 3d printer anymore! It's fantastic especially to create supports, cable management, fan adapter/converters... actually I'm soon going to buy a bigger one :)

PS: how's the corsair H55? noise level?

phaelax

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
What noise? Unless your head is inches from an open case, you wouldn't hear anything. I've had one running on my 3770k for about 4 years now and it still works like new. So I bought another one for my 7700k. The Jonsbo case I'm using wouldn't offer any side ventilation for a typical cooler, so this worked best I think since I can mount it at the rear.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Amazing piece of work, the orange looks stunning, but I can see it may not be to everyone's liking!
I really like the front panel design, and the thought that has gone into it. the rear panel has come out very well too.
If the used white SG13 I was looking at materialises, I will be really tempted to do a front PSU mount conversion.

matt3o

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
Finally found the time to make some tests on the temperatures. Today is pretty hot and ambient is around 26-27°C.

The CPU runs incredibly cool. Even under moderate stress I haven't seen it over 50-52°C. In low/standard usage stays between 36-44°C. It's not a huge jump from low to intense usage (gaming) which is kinda weird but I've read that the intel temperature readings are not very reliable when the temps are low.

GPU is another story. With the case closed at full throttle I reached 75°C with case open 68°C. Standard usage 48-50°C (still passive). Idle around 44°C.

I would like to find a way to add an outtake but I can't really find a spot for it.

A quick suggestion about the Asus strix z270i: install the SSD in the second M.2 slot under the motherboard and not the one on top with the aluminum cooler!

sansoo22

Chassis Packer
Aug 6, 2017

Kind of feel like this board would complete orange and black theme.

Ryuji009

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2018
@matt3o This is an awesome build log, and shows your ingenuity in problem solving. I am actually trying to reproduce the same ATX PSU front mount with my SG13. I thought about it too while I was building, and when I Googled it, ended up here. :)

I just have two quick questions:

1. Where did you find your C14 ATX extension cable? I can't seem to find the correct one for mounting purposes.
  2. Are you willing to share the 3D print file for the ATX Bracket?

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 29, 2015

Ryuji009

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2018
@XeaLouS Thank you for the links! I ended up getting one from Silverstone. I had to email an employee and to the transaction over the phone. They apparently don't sell it online for some reason. My hope is that this one is long enough, but if not, the NCASE will be the second shot. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now I just have to find a way to mount the PSU to the case so it does not slide around.

matt3o

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
hey guys, sorry for the necro post. Since I've been requested to post the source files for the front panel, I just wanted to make my onshape document public https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f...07b14a3f760c1b627d/e/471c09a3ff8253e0dc8ad403

(let me know if the link is actually working, otherwise you can simply search "sg13 front panel alt" on onshape)

It's definitely not an elegant 3d model but it should give you some basics so you don't have to model it from scratch. I should be able to export to step, stl, rhino, solidworks, etc... but I guess you can do that from onshape by yourself!

Best of luck!

Redtopracer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 11, 2018
If you could make this available elswhere or even put the actual 3d printed file on here that would be really helpful. Onshape is requesting credit card info to see the file you have listed.

matt3o

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 29, 2017
If you could make this available elswhere or even put the actual 3d printed file on here that would be really helpful. Onshape is requesting credit card info to see the file you have listed.

since when?! registration was free and no credit card for personal use. Anyway I'll post it somewhere

Reactions: jaro