Cooling How tall (approximately) is a CPU waterblock with 90 degree fittings?

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
What height should I approximately account for if I put a water block and have 90 degree fittings? Will it be higher/lower than LP RAM (e.g. Corsair LPX-series)?

Here in the image you can see what I am asking about; Figure A shows the question; What is "X"?

Figure B shows my stupid idea: To stack two motherboards ontop of each other for a dual system setup. Don't judge me, I like crazy. XD

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 22, 2017
Depends on:
  1. The block
  2. The fittings used
The slimest solution would be an EK Annihilator...

Side note: It kinda makes me sad to read that now, RAM modules like the Corsair LPX are considered low profile

Thanks for the info. I am fantasizing about one of those EK Waterblocks that cover both CPU and power delivery system. But perhaps that is futile to sought after.

Yeah, if you bring in the half-height RAM to the discussion then of course the LPX are not low profile, but considering the are little to no manufacturers making proper LP/half-height RAM at the moment, that designation is kinda fair. I know they are made for ECC-modules, and there is one brand (can't remember which one) that is supposed to release true LP RAM for DDR4, but I haven't heard anything from them in a while.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Crucial VLP series are non-ECC ram modules for end users ;-).

"Half height" is what refers to low-profile. Full height is just standard profile, while the modules with protruding heatsinks are abominations XD

Reactions: cmyk78