Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@PaChalski

An XL TopHat would allow this unit to be utilized in the Ghost (without having to stack a S TopHat & a L TopHat)...

Would make for a balance between AIO ease of install / usage & full custom loop water cooling, and no need to try & figure out where the pump(s) & reservoir(s) go...!

Main issue would be getting the hoses (and their QDCs) neatly routed...

Technical specifications:

- Dimensions: 295 x 133 x 68mm (L x W x H)
- Fan type: EK-Vardar EVO 120ER 2200 RPM (+/- 10%)
- Pump type: EK-SPC 60A 12V DC PWM Pump
- Tube length: 250mm

Because of the cut-out in the top of the spin, you might actually be able to fit the unit in with just a L tophat. Just have to put 15mm fans above the rad, and let the pump/res protrude into the spine cut-out...

Would need a test fit to confirm though

I was simply stating that a XL TopHat would (should) fit the 240 MLC unit without having to stack TopHats, but I did also state that stacking a S & L TopHat would (should) also work...
I posted this over on [H], and may as well post here: it doesn't look like the EK Phoenix will fit in the Ghost, due to the narrowing of the space at the front and back, even with a taller (or multiple) tophat. See Pachalski's post here. The EK Phoenix needs 295x133mm, but the Ghost only has 284x135mm or 305x123mm. The corner supports kill it.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
I posted this over on [H], and may as well post here: it doesn't look like the EK Phoenix will fit in the Ghost, due to the narrowing of the space at the front and back, even with a taller (or multiple) tophat. See Pachalski's post here. The EK Phoenix needs 295x133mm, but the Ghost only has 284x135mm or 305x123mm. The corner supports kill it.

Well, that's that then! Thanks for clarifying Necere

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Are you going to have reviews out from English speaking reviewers (Hardware Cannuks, LTT, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, etc) before the campaign goes live? Sorry if I missed it, but I've not seen a vid about it from them.

We have sent samples to the US and Canada för reviews, but they got them later and will probably publish around the end of next week.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski, assuming the campaign is successful, are there estimates for when backers in North America might see the case in hand?

The estimated delivery world wide is March - April 2018, earlier we guessed Q1 but some of the components are made in China so we get affected by their one month long new year celebration.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
W
Any chance you could upload the renders you have of each configuration into one of those 3D objects that users can pan around and rotate?

(Hopefully someone knows the technical name for the thing I'm trying to explain/request)
We actually did this on the homepage before, but it got very heavy. Will find time soon to add that feature to the HP.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
This
@PaChalski

An XL TopHat would allow this unit to be utilized in the Ghost (without having to stack a S TopHat & a L TopHat)...

Would make for a balance between AIO ease of install / usage & full custom loop water cooling, and no need to try & figure out where the pump(s) & reservoir(s) go...!

Main issue would be getting the hoses (and their QDCs) neatly routed...

Technical specifications:

- Dimensions: 295 x 133 x 68mm (L x W x H)
- Fan type: EK-Vardar EVO 120ER 2200 RPM (+/- 10%)
- Pump type: EK-SPC 60A 12V DC PWM Pump
- Tube length: 250mm

This badboy is right on the limit, we would need to test it before knowing for sure, but it is on the wrong side of the limit.

There have been discussions on Sweclocker about increasing the height of the tophats by about 1mm to make room for rubber bushings.

We don't want to optimize the case for specific components but sometimes it is just to appealing. If there is a superior design that is a good match for the Ghost (this might be it) we will consider it to increase the L-Tophat to match it.

Reactions: Boil

gomza9

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2017
Would you tell me the price in detail?

Super Early & Early Birds including TopHat starting at 1790 SEK (about $210), however limited
KS "regular prices" starting at 1890 SEK (about $239)
I wonder about this

Can I know each TopHat Price? Is it the group price for 3 pieces of TopHat?
How can I be the Super Early & Early Birds?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nasp

lauheiyeung

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2017
Would you tell me the price in detail?

Super Early & Early Birds including TopHat starting at 1790 SEK (about $210), however limited
KS "regular prices" starting at 1890 SEK (about $239)
I wonder about this

Can I know each TopHat Price? Is it the group price for 3 pieces of TopHat?
How can I be the Super Early & Early Birds?
I hope the shipping fee won't be too high, as I would only get it if it's 260 or lower including shipping
Although this is by far my favorite sff case, it would be too unreasonable to get it at more than 260 as I can get a Ncase M1 with 195 including shipping and an alternative from China at around 140 with shipping

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I hope the shipping fee won't be too high, as I would only get it if it's 260 or lower including shipping
Although this is by far my favorite sff case, it would be too unreasonable to get it at more than 260 as I can get a Ncase M1 with 195 including shipping and an alternative from China at around 140 with shipping

With current exchange rates the price including sipping to the US is $258 so right on the money ;)

Blood

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2017
Filters have arrived and we will soon begin testing, right now we are doing the CPU heat sink test and will hopefully publish the results during the day.

Joined SFF just for this thread, awesome case, been reading for quite a while!

Haven't seen anything since on dust filters and I don't see them in the build videos. Are these still in the plan?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Friends, unfortunately we need to inform you that the campaign will be rescheduled a couple of days. This is due to the fact that the guys at Kickstarter’s projects department have taken a couple of days off for thanksgiving and forgot informing us about it. We worked all week to sort this out, we are at a point in time when we don’t dare to just “wait and see...”. That’s why we now have taken the decision to reschedule – hopefully this gives you some more time to spend with the turkeys

We are sorry for this, and we hope that this won’t affect you more than resetting your alarm clocks to Wed Nov 29th 21:00 CET

I’d like to take this chance to say thank you to everyone in this thread! Thank you for contributing to the realization of Ghost S1. None mentioned, no forgotten! Each comment has been read and carefully evaluated, everything has naturally not been implemented, some points have been rejected, others have been added to the 'todo' list or the next model list. Regardless, each comment has contributed in its way, pushed the dialogue or simply given us the energy we have needed to take all the way!

Looking forward to the continuation, the next steps and especially to see what will be stuffed into this “turkey”!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Joined SFF just for this thread, awesome case, been reading for quite a while!

Haven't seen anything since on dust filters and I don't see them in the build videos. Are these still in the plan?

We will receive the final samples of filters next week, also DEMCi filters are compatible and we have sent them the spec so that they can start making them in time.

sr74

Case Bender
Jun 30, 2017
I am not sleeping now. I have passed my sleeping time considerably. I am pretty upset to be put off about 3 hours before the start.