SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

rsjo

Trash Compacter
Nov 13, 2016
Could try a 45w CPU and a 1060?

TL;DR: Just to echo Josh: If you dont mind tweaking games / system you can make a GTX1060 work with a HDPLEX 160W but it's not without challenges (it's fun though :) )

Based on my rather limited experience in the SFF space with a PicoPSU 160w and HDPLEX 160W; it's not an easy task to run a 65w cpu with a GTX 1060 even when under-volting both CPU and GPU, disabling turbo boost and using something like afterburner to profile the v usage of the GTX 1060. I can run most of the games i want to play at 1080p@60fps but it depends so much on the game that - as Josh mentions - you have to be willing to tweak the games individually otherwise you are going to get resets or a very hot system.

an example is Gears Of War 4 vs Nier; GOW4 never pulls above ~165W on my system and averages at around ~150W on ultra, where as Nier requires a ton of tweaking to stay at 60fps and even so it regularly goes to 190W which makes for a very hot system.
Same for The Witcher 3 - hard to keep that below 185-190W if you are targeting 1080p@60fps with high/ultra.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
has such brickless system a grounded or groundless mains cable?

also how is right now the finished psu opening?

im asking because of the gurys PSUs

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This is something I'm also concerned with. Is there anyway we will add a custom swappable plate or able to mod it for 3 prong solution? Some of us are willing to do above 200W builds internally, and I believe the correct thing to do (electrically) is to use a grounding prong if we exceed 200W.

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
has such brickless system a grounded or groundless mains cable?

also how is right now the finished psu opening?

im asking because of the gurys PSUs

Josh didnt miss anything. Thats a port for c8 connectors for internal ac dc. Gury said he can make "build to order" connectors for that space so we'll see.

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
Josh didnt miss anything. Thats a port for c8 connectors for internal ac dc. Gury said he can make "build to order" connectors for that space so we'll see.
I didnt wrote the words in the screenshoot. Still, josh said he is in contact with gury so i assumed he is tailoring the new case to gurys psu's also.
Anyhow thanks for the headsup that gury will make build to order

JermMX5

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 14, 2017
So what combo of PSU stuff do I need to run a 1080ti mini and a non overclock 8700k? Will the 330W dell power brick be enough? can I just pair that with the 400w hdplex and be good to go?

Thanks guys! This case finally fits all the bills for me to switch over!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
So what combo of PSU stuff do I need to run a 1080ti mini and a non overclock 8700k? Will the 330W dell power brick be enough? can I just pair that with the 400w hdplex and be good to go?

You'll need a modded brick to run those chips at stock. You can use the 330W brick if you tune them down a bit, undervolt underclock 8700k, and a -20 power limit on the 1080 ti. That's just a guess though.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net

Your solution should be the @guryhwa archdaemon 500w internal DC-DC, as combo purchase that includes his 500W modded AC-DC power brick. :)

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Awesome! I really need to resist the urge to downsize my Ryzen Rig.

Congrats on getting the ball rolling.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I had 32 bucks airmail as cheapest option to OH USA. I’m guessig It is since Lian Li is manufacturing.

Cerb X shows less but is it’s ConUS so more confirmation there. Also 60 worldwide shipping quote for the SRM seems decent really.

I need to stop looking before I put my Taichi x370 in the FS thread!

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
I went with the 60$ global shopping, a bit high but hopefully it’ll speed things up from Taiwan. Super excited for the case and it’ll open up global markets im sure.

Reactions: TheHig