Production Dr Zaber Sentry - Console-sized gaming PC case project

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Probably you would, but most people wouldn't. Also many asked us why the transport is so expensive, until we gave them the dimensions of the package and the best prices they found were 3-5 times higher. What is more, if we could, we would add an option with other transport companies, but indiegogo system didn't allow us to do it. Next time we will solve the problem in other way and with different transport company.
i suppose you are right. the glorious 6-7 week wait begins! =)

Reactions: LeandroB

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
If USPS is bringing it to your door, their tracking is a complete crapshoot. Tracking for my A4 showed it in customs in Germany for about 4 weeks until like the day before it was delivered to my house.

Hope you have Zen Master-like patience, a fidget spinner or a better experience.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
If USPS is bringing it to your door, their tracking is a complete crapshoot. Tracking for my A4 showed it in customs in Germany for about 4 weeks until like the day before it was delivered to my house.

Hope you have Zen Master-like patience, a fidget spinner or a better experience.
i'm not too worried, it takes as long as it gets and the funds i procure in that time means the planned system keeps getting better

Excalibur

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 20, 2017
Probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, Is there a way to attach a handle to it similar you can with the Silverstone ML08 / RVZ02, I suspect not but Is there a possible way an optional removable handle could be made for this case, if so I'd like to suggest the idea.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Probably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, Is there a way to attach a handle to it similar you can with the Silverstone ML08 / RVZ02, I suspect not but Is there a possible way an optional removable handle could be made for this case, if so I'd like to suggest the idea.
well, if you want to drill into sweet 1mm thick galvanized steel, well... be my guest..... otherwise id see what you can do with the stand and if it can be converted

Reactions: Biowarejak

Excalibur

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 20, 2017
That was kinda what i was thinking could the stand mount be used as a handle mount instead. I'd hate to have to drill into the case like that anyway. Having an optional handle that would work in the stand mount that would hold up and not come loose when carrying it would be more ideal i would think, You likely wouldn't use the stand and handle at the same time anyway, and you could swap them out as needed, if it was easily swap-able.

Last edited:

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
That was kinda what i was thinking could the stand mount be used as a handle mount instead. I'd hate to have to drill into the case like that anyway. Having an optional handle that would work in the stand mount that would hold up and not come loose when carrying it would be more ideal i would think, You likely wouldn't use the stand and handle at the same time anyway, and you could swap them out as needed, if it was easily swap-able.

We will think about it, however Sentry is so small that you can transport it inside many 17'' laptop bags, so it may be pointless. Most people who would like to transport their PC in $200 pc case would like to protect somehow this case and probably even if we will give them such option like carrying handle (which obviously will increase the cost of the case), they will still be transporting their PC in the mentioned laptop bag. What is more, big manufacturers add such option to their cases, because those boxes are very big and it isn't easy to transport them. Handle increase their transportability. Sentry doesn't have such problem because of it's almost laptop size.

Excalibur

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 20, 2017
That's a fair point, that was one of the reasons I suggested it be optional, likely sold separately, as it's something not everyone would use and the laptop bag option is there too, but a carry handle would be useful in certain situations too.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Most people who would like to transport their PC in $200 pc case would like to protect somehow this case
On the other hand, some people expect a large purchase to be rather durable. I guess it's the distinction between tools and art pieces.

Last edited:

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016

Sentry manufacturing process - weekly update

Yes :( This is the end of our campaign!​

For the last few months we were manufacturing, assembling and sending you your Sentry cases. Most of you already have their units and some are still waiting for delivery. Even if it's the last weekly update, we will keep working hard to be sure every case will be delivered, so if you will have some issues with your order, please let us know.

With this update we would also like to address the questions raised by people who have followed the campaign updates, waiting for the case availability:

Q: When will you start retail sale?

A: We have planned to release case to retail IF everything went smooth with production, which obviously didn’t considering delays in fulfilling campaign orders. We want to solve the production issues and gather the feedback from all of our backers before proceeding with further orders, which may not happen before the end of this year.

Q: Will white cases be available in the future?

A: White powdercoating, like the one we want to have on our cases, is really challenging to achieve without full control over the paint quality and painting process, which is hard when outsourcing this job to an external paint shop. Because of that we have decided to put the white cases production on hold until we resolve the general issues with production.

Q: Are there going to be any improvements in the case design?

A: We plan on redesigning the packaging to be more fitting retail product as well as resolving production and user experience issues.

Q: Will Sentry have USB 3.1 type C / audio connectors on front panel in the future?

A: Most likely not unless there’s a mass produced front panel connector that would fit Sentry without ordering custom PCB.

Q: Will Sentry support bigger GPUs like aorus/strix/ftw series in the future?

A: Definitely not – there had to be a limit somewhere and reference sized cards still look like a proper reference point for a case of this size.

Like we wrote in the previous updates, we are posting some more great Sentry builds which we found/received in the last few weeks:

We are very grateful to all of you who helped us make this project a reality. We didn't expect it to become so popular and it's your merit. We hope that thanks to your support we will be able to make it even better in the future.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
hi! i terms of cooling, from what research i have done, an LP53 with a 92mm Noctua fan is my best bet with a delided cpu, are there any changes anyone would recommend?