How to extend a Vandal switch?

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
So I got my C-1 in and I am planning on getting the Gigabyte Ryzen Mobo but the front panel headers are in an unusual spot. I have never done any kind of cable sleeving or anything like that so I'm wondering if there is some kind of extension cable that could work with the button and reach the front panel headers? I hope this makes sense!

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Probably dont use this site tho, Im not sure they ever got their act together from the fallout last year (2 years ago? i dont remember)

I've used frozencpu.com recently, even needed to exchange a bad part. They were prompt and helpful. I don't see any reason not to use them. Just be aware their stock is quite possible a bit old and has been sitting on the shelves for a while, but like I said, if there is any issue with it, they'll happily exchange the part for you.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
You can use Frozen CPU now no worries. They sell fully sleeved buttons too if you are looking for something snazzier than just extensions.

I also make buttons and sleeve them and can do them any length. I have alot of different MDPC colors in stock.

If you want to make your own, I have a video on it too. It's pretty simple, but you need a few tools:

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
The C-1 came with a button, 22mm I think, and it's a nice black with white led backlight. It's just too short with the Mobo I want to use and I don't want to have to totally take apart the cable and redo the sleeving. I picked up some extensions for $10 that are sleeved in black. They are much much longer than I need, but nothing a few zipties can't fix.

Reactions: Biowarejak