Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

GameLad

Efficiency Noob
Apr 10, 2017
I see that the g-unique is now available for as a direct order from @guryhwa , so i was wondering about which version i have to order for the case. (My system needs a 400w power supply)

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Wow, it looks fantastic in the white like that!

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
wait, wasn't it revision 3 and not 2? not that it matters for me, but these revisions are getting confusing

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Does anyone here happen to own a Thermaltake Gravity i1 Low Profile CPU cooler?

I owned this for about a year and a half, it cooled an i3 quite well actually - even under load. also, it was surprisingly quiet. I didn't find any issues with ti at all even with the stock fan.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
That's great to know, it does look very solid and I was surprised with the quality of the fan. I should be getting my PSU next week to try it out. Taking into account it cost me 10€ and it's supposed to cool a Pentium G4560 I think it was a smarter decision than getting a Noctua L9i for 4.5x the price :)

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
It's much nicer with the angled edges than the rounded ones. But i have to say that the first revision was more beautiful in my eyes. Maybe the separate side panels and the (even more than the rev.3) sharper edges made it seem so good looking.

Please upload some pics when you paint it.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
It's much nicer with the angled edges than the rounded ones. But i have to say that the first revision was more beautiful in my eyes. Maybe the separate side panels and the (even more than the rev.3) sharper edges made it seem so good looking.

Please upload some pics when you paint it.
Ok, I'll upload photos. Edges can be smoothed with a grinder as in 1 revision

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
This revision definitely looks better, the manufacturing tolerances seem to be much improved, I see mostly straight lines and folds, good progress. As others have said, I'd prefer to see a removable front panel. Also, I'd prefer to see separate side panels that attach with magnets (wasn't that the original plan). Would it be possible to get a power button without an LED?

Questions on the G-Unique PSU that's now available for direct order. Will the 27mm version fit? I guess cable lengths will depend on the motherboard design, but is there a recommended average length that will fit well in the case if the board supports it?

I'm thinking of ordering a G-Unique with a SATA connector, just in case I have to briefly connect a SATA drive with the panel open, and also a double 6+2 pin, in case in the future there are short powerful GPUs. Will there be room in the case to stash extra cables like that? Why is there a 6-pin power connector instead of the regular DC-in in the latest revision?

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
This revision definitely looks better, the manufacturing tolerances seem to be much improved, I see mostly straight lines and folds, good progress. As others have said, I'd prefer to see a removable front panel. Also, I'd prefer to see separate side panels that attach with magnets (wasn't that the original plan). Would it be possible to get a power button without an LED?

Questions on the G-Unique PSU that's now available for direct order. Will the 27mm version fit? I guess cable lengths will depend on the motherboard design, but is there a recommended average length that will fit well in the case if the board supports it?

I'm thinking of ordering a G-Unique with a SATA connector, just in case I have to briefly connect a SATA drive with the panel open, and also a double 6+2 pin, in case in the future there are short powerful GPUs. Will there be room in the case to stash extra cables like that? Why is there a 6-pin power connector instead of the regular DC-in in the latest revision?
Front panel removable.
The button can be without illumination.

G-Unique has not yet made contact. :(

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Does anyone happen to be interested in my case? Ultimately I'll keep it if no one is interested but the issue here is:

I paid for my case already, it's part of the next batch to be sent out (May 10th to May 15th, according to @sergiiua). But recently I started getting a bit scared of my country's customs as I have had A LOT of things coming from outside the EU being retained in customs lately, which hadn't happen to me EVER until a few weeks ago. So now I'm considering whether it's a better idea to just get some other case directly from an EU country because I'd be paying over 200€ for the case + customs, which seems a bit excessive. Of course it might not stop at customs, it's a matter of luck, but I'd rather not risk it if someone is willing to take it from me, especially since I have never received such a big package before.

The options I chose were:
- Matte Black
- Venting holes #8
- No logo
- No front i/o
- picoPSU input hole (5.5x2.5mm)

If anyone is interested please PM me ASAP so @sergiiua has time to change the name/address when he sends them out.

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
Does anyone happen to be interested in my case? Ultimately I'll keep it if no one is interested but the issue here is:

I paid for my case already, it's part of the next batch to be sent out (May 10th to May 15th, according to @sergiiua). But recently I started getting a bit scared of my country's customs as I have had A LOT of things coming from outside the EU being retained in customs lately, which hadn't happen to me EVER until a few weeks ago. So now I'm considering whether it's a better idea to just get some other case directly from an EU country because I'd be paying over 200€ for the case + customs, which seems a bit excessive. Of course it might not stop at customs, it's a matter of luck, but I'd rather not risk it if someone is willing to take it from me, especially since I have never received such a big package before.

The options I chose were:
- Matte Black
- Venting holes #8
- No logo
- No front i/o
- picoPSU input hole (5.5x2.5mm)

If anyone is interested please PM me ASAP so @sergiiua has time to change the name/address when he sends them out.
from where do you are? i've asked myself the same

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
from where do you are? i've asked myself the same
Portugal
I've managed to not have any trouble with lots of orders from China/Malaysia/Thailand before but lately the opposite has been happening. I'm afraid, especially since it's a big package this time, the chances of it being stuck in customs is higher...

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I think it would be better to have a black 8-pin power connector rather than white.

Also, sorry for repeating myself, but I really think it would be better if the side panels were separate. There's just something about how the single top+sides piece and the front panel come together that makes it look weird and derpy. It looks much better if they are all separate (like in the first prototype) and it's more practical, especially if they are magnetic. I think several others have expressed the same view here.

Reactions: alexep7

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
When is the next batch going to go up for order? I'm really leaning towards picking one up