Completed Lone Industries L4

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I've been wanting to make a fan mount for my MSI GTX 1050. This is just very rough, but shows kind of what I've been thinking. I haven't quite decided whether to support only one fan size or two. Maybe a single 60 mm fan would be sufficient. Hard to say. Still waiting on Noctua's 10 mm fans to be released.

1 x 80 x 10 mm:

2 x 60x10 mm:

pazoo

Caliper Novice
Dec 25, 2015
Those who ordered the L4 pre-production models are starting to receive them. I'm not sure if any of them are on the forum. Hopefully I'll receive some feedback. I've been using Canada Post exclusively (delivered by USPS in the USA). I've noticed packages are first going West to Richmond, B.C before entering the USA, even for shipments destined for the East.

Got mine, I didn't know the power switch was included, that's a nice bonus.
Now I need to find a good usage for it, since my router is already in the s3mini ;)

Reactions: Biowarejak and Lone

murrgz

Efficiency Noob
Oct 3, 2016
Got mine today too! Snapped a couple of quick comparison pics with an Xbox pad to show off how compact it is and with a Zotac 1050 ti to show off how it would fit since it's a little bit shorter than Gigabyte's and MSI's. As for the color variation between the panels I can't tell a difference at all. Just waiting on my G-Unique to arrive before moving my current PC into it. Overall I'm very happy with this case. :D

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Not sure what you mean?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I noticed you used a pretty thick acrylic on one of your S4 Mini custom builds. I was wondering if something like 1-1.5 mm thick acrylic could produce nice results nested in the front of the L4?

Got mine, I didn't know the power switch was included, that's a nice bonus.
Now I need to find a good usage for it, since my router is already in the s3mini ;)

I just couldn't bear to ship the L4 without a power switch. :)

Got mine today too! Snapped a couple of quick comparison pics with an Xbox pad to show off how compact it is and with a Zotac 1050 ti to show off how it would fit since it's a little bit shorter than Gigabyte's and MSI's. As for the color variation between the panels I can't tell a difference at all. Just waiting on my G-Unique to arrive before moving my current PC into it. Overall I'm very happy with this case. :D

Thank you for the photos!

Note, the expansion card mounting tab holes are not threaded in the pre-production models (and possibly not in the production models). This is due to my manufacturer not being able to press PEMs in that location, but I am checking into other options. There are M3 pan head screws with nuts that are supplied instead. The nice thing about using a screw and nut is that you never have to worry about stripping aluminum threads. The downside is they are tiny and harder to work with.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I noticed you used a pretty thick acrylic on one of your S4 Mini custom builds. I was wondering if something like 1-1.5 mm thick acrylic could produce nice results nested in the front of the L4?

I don't see why not. How many are you making? Be fun to carry something for them in my store. :)

I just couldn't bear to ship the L4 without a power switch. :)

Oh look at you on your high horse...you showoff!

;)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I don't see why not. How many are you making? Be fun to carry something for them in my store. :)

How many cases, or acrylic panels? I wasn't planning on making any acrylic panels, except maybe for myself to try. That would be cool if you could offer something for the L4 in your store.

Oh look at you on your high horse...you showoff!

;)

Haha... I told myself I was going to follow your lead and not include power switches anymore. Then I gave into thoughts of reviews titled "nice case, but no way to turn it on!". :)

Last edited:

Jacob

What's an ITX?
Nov 8, 2015
Been lurking here for a while now and finally ordered one. Thinking of transferring some of the guts of my current Node 304 build into the L4. Really admire your work with this.

Now on to ordering a G-Unique!

Reactions: Lone

AtomicPumpkin

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2017
What are people's thoughts on PCI Slot Covers? Should they be included?
I just preordered a black L4 on the 29th and I'm stoked to finally get one of your cases. I personally wouldn't mind having a set of PCI slot covers, because I may add the GPU later in my build.

RobonHood

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2016
As a purchaser of the original L2 the problem I had with finding slot covers was it appeared they were all "facing the wrong way" to the screw mounts that the L2 provided. If you were to provide them that would definitely be awesome, though most of the 1050Ti's are double width and I assume that is what most people would use in this case so it maybe moot. If you weren't to provide them, maybe providing a link to slot covers that are known to work and or purchasable from your store for marginal cost would be a good solution to me personally.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Thanks for the feedback. I am currently planning to have some low profile PCI slot covers made with my next batch (unless pricing doesn't work out), to either include or offer as an option.

@AtomicPumpkin Your profile pic brings back childhood memories skateboarding, and watching Search for Animal Chin as a kid. ;)

EDIT: Oops, somehow managed to submit the message before finishing.

@RobonHood, here's some that appear to be correct, and should work:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NWIRB4/?tag=theminutiae-20

AtomicPumpkin

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 3, 2017
Your profile pic brings back childhood memories skateboarding, and watching Search for Animal Chin as a kid. ;)

Yeah, skateboarding was my life as a kid and I have some pretty strong nostalgia for it. Those old Powell videos are classics.

Thanks for the links to the PCI slot covers - those may work. If you do have some made for later batches, it would be nice to have the option to order them on your site, especially if you make some in black.

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
@Lone, I'm very interested in the SFF and didn't learn there are many small cases available before. I just built my mini itx last year after sticking many years with laptop. Well, I got to this site via youtube (NFC S4)'s view on the STX16.0.

I'm in love with your case the most, I'm thinking whether I move or build a new system. So my question is how much is shipping cost to my country (Cambodia)?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
@Lone, I'm very interested in the SFF and didn't learn there are many small cases available before. I just built my mini itx last year after sticking many years with laptop. Well, I got to this site via youtube (NFC S4)'s view on the STX16.0.

I'm in love with your case the most, I'm thinking whether I move or build a new system. So my question is how much is shipping cost to my country (Cambodia)?

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you do your research to make sure the L4 meets your needs. The S4 Mini is another great option.

Standard ground shipping to Cambodia is free. Air would be around $28 CAD. Unfortunately, neither has tracking. That said, I'm not 100% sure I'd be willing or able to ship to Cambodia. Looking at the import requirements, it doesn't appear to be very straightforward. I would have to look into it more.