Occasional build thread lurker

Hello everyone,

Joining up to say hello, appreciate the incredible work that goes into some of these custom builds and ask a quick question:

Inspired by the Falcon NW Tiki I have been looking round at other SFF cases that could support the combo of a Xeon e5 2699v4 and a GTX 1080, or potentially a Pascal Titan X.

So, my quick question is - is there anything else out there that you can stuff these internals into?

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Welcome!

Yes, there are cases, such as the Dr Zaber Sentry, Fractal Design Node 202, and a number of Silverstone cases (Silverstone actually makes the Tiki case for Falcon NW). To cool that processor, though, will be difficult in a SFF case. Falcon NW uses a slim AIO water cooler over the motherboard, and you might want to consider doing the same, limiting you to one of the Silverstone cases.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Welcome!

Yes, there are cases, such as the Dr Zaber Sentry, Fractal Design Node 202, and a number of Silverstone cases (Silverstone actually makes the Tiki case for Falcon NW). To cool that processor, though, will be difficult in a SFF case. Falcon NW uses a slim AIO water cooler over the motherboard, and you might want to consider doing the same, limiting you to one of the Silverstone cases.
You can water cool it in the node 202 as well, but it may be hard.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
You can water cool it in the node 202 as well, but it may be hard.

I've seen an example where it's done with a mITX GPU with a single slot AIO cooler next to it, but that is not doable with a full length GPU like the Titan X.

Ditlan

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions, although I am beginning to think the single PCI limitation of ITX may be a bit too limiting for me, so maybe I need to stop eyeing up these stupidly tiny cases... I would like to have the option of adding a 10Gig Ethernet riser into the system, so that would direct me down the road of ATX, not ITX.

Although I had been looking fondly at Project Orthrus, as I dont need SLI so had been wondering if it was possible to get some other kinda PCI expansion in there.

Not sure when that will be up for ordering however!

Ditlan

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 28, 2017
Well, I'll keep my eye on new things coming. Thats an impressive build from nero626, really shows you dont need huge expertise in manufacturing to get it done ^_^

Reactions: nero626