Show your new toys Topic

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Jup, very much so :( Still, the buttons are interchangeable, so there is potential to mod it more easily than normal mice, but it's not as easy as they make it out to be.

Post a critical review on hardware sites, send Roccat a link and see if you can get any different response from Roccat? The squeaky wheel gets the grease...

Reactions: Soul_Est

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yeah probably not the worst idea. From the forums that I'm on I could maybe get a guest article going here on SFFn and otherwise just post a review in the peripherals sub-forum on LTT or [H]. I know OCN has a user review feature, but I don't know much about that.

Reactions: Soul_Est

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I ended up being substantially away on short notice since the week before Christmas until mostly today. Fortunately though I was able to check my post box semi regularly. So now i have an i5 4570 from @GuilleAcoustic ready to drop into my desktop. Super sick Christmas gift right there :D

And, as of this morning an Onion Omega 2+ and its carrier board. I backed it quietly some time ago and they finally came through, its freakin' tiny. My current plan is to configure it as an ADS-B receiver that feeds back to an instance of ModeSMixer (where my dump1090 instance also feeds data) and then drop it at someone elses house to expand my coverage some. That's somewhat dependant on talking said person into hosting it though.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Asus Q87T:

Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x 8GB (SODIMM):

Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA:

Canon MF244DW lazer multifunction:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Just received my new cooler, around which my case design is built. Despite all the hate, I choosed to give the Engine 27 a try and damn was I right.

The cooler is small but yet keeps my 35W i7 cool while being quiet. Reviewers should definately stop using full fat K CPU when testing it since it is designed for 70W MAX. The CPU idles at 35C and reach 50C when playing Minecraft at full setting inside a passive chassis (no intake nor exhaust fan). The "fan" stays at its lower speed all the time.

Now my workstation is pretty much maxed out while having the lowest power requirement and size possible with a desktop Haswell.

Last edited:

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Just received my new cooler, around which my case design is built. Despite all the hate, I choosed to give the Engine 27 a try and damn was I right.

The cooler is small but yet keeps my 35W i7 cool while being quiet. Reviewers should definately stop using full fat K CPU when testing it since it is designed for 70W MAX. The CPU idles at 35C and reach 50C when playing Minecraft at full setting inside a passive chassis (no intake nor exhaust fan). The "fan" stays at its lower speed all the time.

Now my workstation is pretty much maxed out while having the lowest power requirement and size possible with a desktop Haswell.
Told you so! :-p

Reactions: LukeD