Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018
So, I'm now relying on pressure and cable ties to hold the third drive in place 😬

I used double sided tape on my OG LZ7 case to attach two more SSDs/HDDs to the side of the PSU if you need help with mounting more storage.

Spotted this on Reddit, love the music haha:

I love this mod I have thought about adding a screen to one of my LZ7 cases but just have not plucked up the courage yet :)

Reactions: K888D

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I used double sided tape on my OG LZ7 case to attach two more SSDs/HDDs to the side of the PSU if you need help with mounting more storage.

Ohh that's a neat idea! I think I'll stick to getting bigger drives next, though. I've also layed eyes on the Velka 3 and there's no chance I'll get more than 3 SSDs into that one.

brandenf

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 24, 2021
Hi @K888D love what what you've done here, and I'm really looking forward to putting together a PC in one of these cases. I've got an order in place already on OCUK, but one of the Pink columns is out of stock (and only one!)

Do you have any ETA for when that comes back into stock? Or should I just change colors :) ?

Thank you!!

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hi @K888D love what what you've done here, and I'm really looking forward to putting together a PC in one of these cases. I've got an order in place already on OCUK, but one of the Pink columns is out of stock (and only one!)

Do you have any ETA for when that comes back into stock? Or should I just change colors :) ?

Thank you!!
Hi there Branden, welcome to the forum and thank you for the comments!

We've only just received the order from OcUK for more of the pink corners, so unfortunately it will likely be around 6 - 8 weeks before they are back in stock.

You should be able to ask them to change your order if you don't want to wait that long, or you can order direct from our website, however there is 2 - 3 week lead time ordering direct with us as we make to order.

I hope that helps.

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
Hi there again!

I've somehow managed to lose the 16mm locking nut from the back of the Vandal switch. I have searched the internet, but in vain. Does anyone know of a reliable vendor for these parts? Or even what part I should be looking for?

Thanks so much for the help (in advance)

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hi there again!

I've somehow managed to lose the 16mm locking nut from the back of the Vandal switch. I have searched the internet, but in vain. Does anyone know of a reliable vendor for these parts? Or even what part I should be looking for?

Thanks so much for the help (in advance)
Hi there! The switches use a standard M16 nut, your local Amazon should sell them, or alternatively I could you ship you one if you're really stuck for it, although shipping may be expensive just for a nut if you're not located in the UK?!

Reactions: Nosuchthing

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
Hi there! The switches use a standard M16 nut, your local Amazon should sell them, or alternatively I could you ship you one if you're really stuck for it, although shipping may be expensive just for a nut if you're not located in the UK?!
Thanks so much for your quick response! Great customer service as always. I've managed to locate something that looks close enough on Amazon! Would never have worked out what it was without you 😂

soojooko

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 20, 2021
Hello all! Had my L7Z case for a few months now and am loving it. There is something that I've been curious about for a while. Seeing as the GPU side of the case is pulling in air, has anybody tried making the main case fan blow the air inside the case outside? - in other words, opposite the standard suggested fan direction. I was about to try it, but figured I should ask on this thread first incase anybody has tried, and if so, how did it go for them?

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
I run that setup in my XTD, had to juggle bits around (flip the PSU) but it works.

I did run a pure APU build in the normal LZ7 I ran a slim 120mm fan as an intake an a full thickness 140mm fan as an exhaust that would really well.

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hello all! Had my L7Z case for a few months now and am loving it. There is something that I've been curious about for a while. Seeing as the GPU side of the case is pulling in air, has anybody tried making the main case fan blow the air inside the case outside? - in other words, opposite the standard suggested fan direction. I was about to try it, but figured I should ask on this thread first incase anybody has tried, and if so, how did it go for them?

Hi there! If the 140mm case fan is set to exhaust then it will reverse the airflow direction of the case from the left (GPU) side to the right side. This should mean slightly lower GPU temps, but will result in higher CPU temps as the GPU heat is pulled across the motherboard and into the CPU cooler.

It depends on which components you would like to prioritise for absolute lowest temps, personally I prefer the 140mm set as an intake as it gives a more balanced overall system, the GPU is already very well ventilated and has dedicated exhaust vents to help with heat re-circulation.

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Another air cooling suggestion for the LZ7:

Alpenföhn Blackridge with Noctua A12x15 & A9x14 fans in dual downdraft mode.

I also suggest you use a Noctua back plate mounting kit NM-AM4-L9aL9i for firm CPU contact.
Photo of above cooler setup in my poor man's LZ7 copy - a 678 Case:

Mark13

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2020
Another cooling suggestion for the LZ7: Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP. Replace the included 25mm fan with a Noctua A12x15 fan for a total cooler height of 65mm. Newer versions of this cooler use the AMD motherboard backplate so that the cooler installation is with screws from the top. Fan clips are only for 25mm tall fans so your own clips would need to be fashioned. This cooler has the heat pipes running across from the IO rear panel (or vice versa) and thus the cooler heat fins run in the direction of the case side intake fan .
See photos at: