Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Well now that it seems the 570 won't become a thing, I'm looking towards the 550. I'll just save some money and air cool everything instead of buying some AIO off the shelf for the CPU only like the plan was with the 570.

Only concerning thing are the specifications. How strict is the "Standard power cable restricts GPU height to 133mm" rule? My ASUS STRIX-GTX1080 is 134mm tall apparently, so I think it would work without the pigtail connector. Any input?

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
Well now that it seems the 570 won't become a thing, I'm looking towards the 550. I'll just save some money and air cool everything instead of buying some AIO off the shelf for the CPU only like the plan was with the 570.

Only concerning thing are the specifications. How strict is the "Standard power cable restricts GPU height to 133mm" rule? My ASUS STRIX-GTX1080 is 134mm tall apparently, so I think it would work without the pigtail connector. Any input?

It's gonna be the height close to the back of the card - where the video connectors are. I went with both panels because my card's spec listed it as too wide. Really though, they list the widest part. So if your card balloons in the middle at all, you're probably fine.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019

I would get the pigtail as it will keep your options open.
I own a 550 and 60. I loved the "no fans needed" on the gpu but I found it forced me to run case fans too high and was loud. With the trend going to 2+ slot gpu's I would recommend the 560 but it's totally your call.
Granted, RTX card isn't the easiest thing to cool.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Hmm so the new SM580 is basically a Cerberus that trades off 5 GPU slots for dual 240mm AIO support instead? Not sure how many people modded their Cerberuses to support dual 240mm AIOs, but if it's pretty common this case could have a niche following. Removing the bottom fans from the SM570 could work, but that might limit the viable side panel options to only the vented ones as I don't believe only having fans at the top of the case would generate as much airflow as fans on the bottom intake. Also don't think you'd need to be afraid of competing with the Ophion Evo as temperatures in that case were still less than satisfactory even with 2 top AIO fans and a single 15mm bottom intake (GPUs ran hot from benchmarks I read). A SM570 with a top AIO and 2 bottom 25mm fans would definitely offer a significant improvement in GPU temps, and could be worth the increased cost to a lot of people (especially since I know that was one of the biggest complaints of the Ophion Evo).

P.S. If you do decide to go ahead with the SM570 though could you change it back to a slanted front? The flat front is a bit ugly imo

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Cant wait to see the updated 580 look.
As far as AIO support. the Asetek that was shown to be very nice in the previous posts, is almost impossible to find, let alone at a good price.
Any plans to support the newer 645LT?

The 645LT and 545LC should both fit the exact same way, their dimensions are almost identical but the 645LT has 90 degree angle tubes which should make it even better.

Reactions: wsgroves

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Has anyone been able to confirm if you can fit a 240mm rad under the spine on the 550 or 560? I'm considering a building with a 240mm AIO with the fans mounted outside and running the case vertically.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Has anyone been able to confirm if you can fit a 240mm rad under the spine on the 550 or 560? I'm considering a building with a 240mm AIO with the fans mounted outside and running the case vertically.

You could probably fit the a thin radiator, but you wont get anything but a thin fan under the PSU and probably not be able to put a fan under the mobo from what I've seen of the spine in pictures. I'm not sure I've seen anyone try yet though.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
I was off for a week then I saw the news of the SM570, honestly I do not need a bulky 3 slot, for that manner I get a Cerberus with a handle.

@KSliger Will the SM570 go through? Thanks!

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
Okay, so I'm pretty stable temp-wise now. Seems going for the 92x25 fan on my l9a was the problem. I guess it wasn't getting enough air to properly cool the CPU. I put the original 92x14 fan back on and replaced the effective but loud iPPCs with some Chromax's. Then I did some temp testing with them by putting them low and stepping them up until I noticed my temps dropping to a reasonable level, and set the curve based on that.

As of right now, I idle a little hot at about 50-52C, but after a few hours of gaming, it never went above 64C.

My Aorus 1080ti peaked out at 75C during that time.

I'm quite happy with my temps now, though I'm looking forward to picking up a 645LT and adapter when available, and moving to a higher-tier chip once the 3X00 chips come out.

DMAT

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2019
You have the 550, 560 for the small air cooled and the 580 for the big water cooled builds, how about something in the middle. Yes SFF custom water cooling case like the Dan C4-SFX.

SSoC

Efficiency Noob
Dec 29, 2018
Theoretically yes, but it'd have to be fairly slim as it's a tight fit under the MoBo. I gave it a shot but I mounted only one fan under the PSU which was all there was room for. Didn't like it so I gave up on that idea.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
The BS3 works pretty good for what it is performance wise. I have been able to get mine to near silent operation but I had to really fool with the voltage on my 2700x.
I had to disable performance boost etc and keep it at 3.9. For a lot of people, that is a no go but it is what it is in a small town with no law.
Switching to the 560 was it for me. Allowed me to put the fans back on the Ti and it works much better and quieter then having to run the case fans at max.
Gonna post some pix when I have a chance.

Reactions: Sahaj and Nanook

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
QUICK SM570/SM580 QUESTIONNAIRE

Would the SM580 at $245 with the handle included be an acceptable price? (side panels either window or solid or mix of both)

Would the SM570 at $225 with the handle included be an acceptable price? (side panels either window or solid or mix of both)

Comparable to SM580 is Cerberus at $270 with window on one side and handle included, and to SM570 is the M1 with window panel and no handle option at $195.

Trying to get volumes on the handles up, and include that more premium option at a discount to offset the higher cost elsewhere.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
QUICK SM570/SM580 QUESTIONNAIRE

Would the SM580 at $245 with the handle included be an acceptable price? (side panels either window or solid or mix of both)

Would the SM570 at $225 with the handle included be an acceptable price? (side panels either window or solid or mix of both)

Comparable to SM580 is Cerberus at $270 with window on one side and handle included, and to SM570 is the M1 with window panel and no handle option at $195.

Trying to get volumes on the handles up, and include that more premium option at a discount to offset the higher cost elsewhere.
Yes for the SM580, and for the SM570 it depends on the final design (if the bottom fans are removed it might not be big enough to justify wanting a handle)