Show your new toys Topic

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
5 stages of persuasion:

Denial: "I know you can fit in there. Even though the manufacturer page said you were 50mm too long"
Anger:"LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE S*** GET IN THERE BEFORE I REMOVE YOUR FANS"
Bargaining: "If you get in there perhaps I'll treat you well and get you liquid cooling..."
Depression: "Why won't anything work? I searched reddit for 5 hours..."
Acceptance: "Sure, I had to cut a hole in the front of my $200 case, but hey, it fits... kinda."

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Acceptance: "Sure, I had to cut a hole in the front of my $200 case, but hey, it fits... kinda."

Exactly, I cringe everytime I see something like that. While I was waiting for my 2070 I was actually shopping other cases, is it had not fit I might have been willing to trim the fan shroud but doubtful I ever would have cut the case itself.

Reactions: Biowarejak and el01

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
5 stages of persuasion:

Denial: "I know you can fit in there. Even though the manufacturer page said you were 50mm too long"
Anger:"LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE S*** GET IN THERE BEFORE I REMOVE YOUR FANS"
Bargaining: "If you get in there perhaps I'll treat you well and get you liquid cooling..."
Depression: "Why won't anything work? I searched reddit for 5 hours..."

I wish I could like this twice.

Reactions: el01 and Biowarejak

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Today I received an L9x65. This whole thing's appearance is going to be ruined by its fan until a black one is released.

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
Today I received an L9x65. This whole thing's appearance is going to be ruined by its fan until a black one is released.

Sir, that is Pron, I fully agree on the beige fans ruining the look, Maybe a redux fan? I'm leaning more that way at the moment

Why they opted for this colour I'll never know (C7 Cooler with hand bend bits of metal fan clips)

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
My Thin ITX board is up & running

Running a stock cooler on the Pentium G4500 and a 2.5" HDD for the moment until I get better accessories.
I have an M.2 to mSATA adaptor on the way to let me use my existing 128GB M.2 drive in the mSATA slot.
Nice that it came with the Intel 7260 WiFi card and 4GB of RAM installed

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Good to get the noise down on that one, how much wider is it with the Accelero on?

No measurements for that but around the same size as GB 1070 Mini. Also shorter, triple slot and about twenty grams lighter. Superior (VRM) cooling due to sparse fins and 120mm fan!

Reactions: Biowarejak

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Sir, that is Pron, I fully agree on the beige fans ruining the look, Maybe a redux fan? I'm leaning more that way at the moment

Why they opted for this colour I'll never know (C7 Cooler with hand bend bits of metal fan clips)
Reckon I could use a C7 cooler without a fan on top, but with one or two 80mm fans blowing air perpendicular to it?

In particular with the mobo mounted vertically, and fans blowing fresh air in from the bottom so it exhausts out the opposite side.