Interesting SFF build

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
I came across this build which I find quite interesting as I have a fondness of test benches. The cablework looks very good and might just be the focal point of this build.

It is not a case but it is not exactly an test bench in the strict sense. I would say, it is somewhere between a case and an open bench table. It is more like a case without the surrounding panels. Maybe I will call it an 'open case'. I wish there are more ITX test benches coming out in the near future.
Anyway, I found it in Taobao and it is quite cheap too (something like ¥300).

Anyway, check out the thread for details.
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1953989-1-1.html

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Very pretty looking. I expect changing hardware to be a pain so test bench may be stretching it :p

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 25, 2018
Very pretty looking. I expect changing hardware to be a pain so test bench may be stretching it :p
Yes, a valid point!
The strength is also the weakness. The neatness of the cables also precludes an easy change of components.
So, calling it an 'open case' is better than calling it a 'test bench'.

Reactions: confusis

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Wow really nice, thanx for sharing!
First time I see hard wiring like that!

I was wondering how he (she?) attached the terminals, found the info on the 8th page.
Turns out the usual way works, no soldering is needed:
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1672045-1-1.html

Would be interesting to see how hard wire lines like that look with sleeving on them.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
This is interesting. I enjoyed looking at it more than custom loop builds. Thanks for sharing.

Now I want one too! Can anyone help me import one to the United States?