Closed sales thread

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 12, 2018
Can we have a sort of "archive" sub forum for closed sales threads :)

When threads are closed, they would be moved there so we can better see what is for sale.

If a thread hasn't been bumped in three months, they'd be automatically set to closed and moved in that subforum as well, it will ensure only active threads stay there for much easier viewing.

Reactions: Windfall

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I need to be able to open and close my own sale thread at will. Is that even possible? I have no desire to make more than one.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Not possible. Only mods/admins can open or close any threads. Just create a new thread when you have new stuff to sell (assuming you don't currently have an open for sale thread at the time), and tag it as closed when it is all sold.

Reactions: Phuncz

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I always thought you guys went through and closed threads as you saw fit. Perhaps I was wrong. Coincidentally my thread was closed twice automatically (magically) after my items were sold.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
I always thought you guys went through and closed threads as you saw fit. Perhaps I was wrong. Coincidentally my thread was closed twice automatically (magically) after my items were sold.

This is the normal run of things. Once all items in a FS thread are sold the thread is closed and moved to the closed threads sub-forum. My question is, why would you have a need / want to reopen a thread once all the items in it are sold?

Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
If someone tags their thread with "closed", we close it and move it. Not rocket science, really.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah, it isn't a big deal. What I'm saying is (and I realize this isn't feasible to control as a normal user), have it open when you have something to sell or are looking to buy/trade an item, and close it when you don't. I was just confused because I, personally, have never changed the thread prefix to "Closed" lol.

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yeah, but when you set your topic title to "N/A" or similar, it means the same thing. Plus having empty (or basically blank first post) threads is just messy, so we tidy :p.

Reactions: Solo