Need help for my upcoming case design

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
i already contacted protocase and they give me some prices for there services but its cheap but risky since they charge per hr i was hoping if someone could help me with this so there is less work to be made

hello i dont know how to send a private message here in the forums sorry tho i'm still new here hehehe can you sent me an email so we could talk about it. i really do need help would be great if it would be free and if all things go well ill pay you back with a free case. I hope you could understand im still a student hehe but i do negotiate

Sorry, unfortunately I can't do that for free.
Ahaha, was it the guy who came on here with no idea about anything to do with cases etc. and basically wanted to be an oem?

I'm assuming you're the same velkase who posted about a 4L airflow oriented case on reddit? I'm actually quite curious, especially if it's similar to my prototype/scratch build over here. My main objective was watercooling, but I would love some pointers if you have any ;)

Yeah, it wasn't meant to announce the case but rather to answer a question about what new cases will be coming out soon.

Mine is not intended for water cooled builds, but other than that it will support a similar layout of the same hardware found in your case. I don't want to give too much away and also risk derailing this thread, but you can follow me on here (if that's how that works) to keep on eye on that case.

Edit: just noticed that my signature sums up the goal of that case, the "Velka M"

Reactions: Damascus

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Ahaha, was it the guy who came on here with no idea about anything to do with cases etc. and basically wanted to be an oem?

I'm assuming you're the same velkase who posted about a 4L airflow oriented case on reddit? I'm actually quite curious, especially if it's similar to my prototype/scratch build over here. My main objective was watercooling, but I would love some pointers if you have any ;)

hello i dont use reddit actually and i started my project since summer from scratch i dont have any proof of the date but i started it at summer since a business is required in my course here in the philippines and btw what do you mean by pointers ?

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
hello i dont use reddit actually and i started my project since summer from scratch i dont have any proof of the date but i started it at summer since a business is required in my course here in the philippines and btw what do you mean by pointers ?
I was actually talking to @VELKASE Michael about the upcoming 4L case, I was curious because there are only a handful of ways to achieve such a case and as they've already tread ground in all aspects of designing something similar to my project. I figure could learn a thing or three about making my own design better.

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Can someone help me with motherboard layout files ? i'm having a hard time with the measurements especially with the I/O mount. In addition pcie,gpu mounts , fan mounts , hdd & ssd and psu layout file will be appreciated

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Here's my plans. my aim is to provide a case for the ones who likes water cooling and likes to have a small case that is less hassle to build. shall i go with a standard atx psu or the sfx ones ? the advantage of the sfx is that the case could be smaller but the cons are small space for the pump and res combo, 2 hard drives instead of 3, small rad support for the 120mm mount

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
what is your chosen market asking for? ATX or SFX. Or do you want to cover both?
From your drawings, it looks like sfx would be a better fit.
I presume that the psu mini is your sfx psu drawing?

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
what is your chosen market asking for? ATX or SFX. Or do you want to cover both?
From your drawings, it looks like sfx would be a better fit.
I presume that the psu mini is your sfx psu drawing?

i was aiming for the ones who is using atx systems that wants to shift with mini atx system so the atx psu support is kinda a big deal for some ? yes psu mini is sfx psu. i forgot what is it called when i was still drafting that time hehe sorry for that.

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
this will be my 3d layout. or shall i create an option of an atx psu and a sfx psu case ?

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
this will be my 3d layout. or shall i create an option of an atx psu and a sfx psu case ?
Don't overdo it. Simplification is key. From what I gather, most water-cooled builds will probably use higher-end components, which will probably use more power. Consider ATX accordingly.

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
Don't overdo it. Simplification is key. From what I gather, most water-cooled builds will probably use higher-end components, which will probably use more power. Consider ATX accordingly.

so you're saying . ill go with an atx psu mount ?

Altermods

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 24, 2018
By the way i was wondering where do you guys get a 3d file for the parts ? wanted to just copy paste most of the parts in my file since is so hard for me just to create from scratch

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
I use grabcad for my part models too, alphacool also provides models.

now you have decided atx, it means that the case will also support sfx, so you cover both markets.