Production Observer Slim

CageyBoat

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2018
Will the MSI 1060 Gaming X 6gb fit in the case, the dimensions are 277 x 140 x 39mm. If it is I’m definitely interested in purchasing.

kviker

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 30, 2017
Will the MSI 1060 Gaming X 6gb fit in the case, the dimensions are 277 x 140 x 39mm. If it is I’m definitely interested in purchasing.

Im not sure. I think there will be problems with power connectors.

Thats version case for maximum gpu zice.

Reactions: Biowarejak

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
The MSI 1060 Gaming X has recessed power connectors, so depending on how they measure the height of the card it might just fit.

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017

I purchased the max GPU sized case that @kviker is referring to. My intentions are to fit a Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme into the case which would probably be the same as your in terms of height but doesn't have the recessed power connectors. I haven't tested it yet (I won't get the card for a few months), but I am planning on test fitting it sometime this weekend. Once I've tested it, I'll report back to let you know. I also have the issue of length and depth for my card too, but I'm confident it'll all fit with mm's to spare.

From my research in determining if my card will fit, I've found that the dimensions quoted are different from different manufacturers. By that I mean that Zotac in particular quote their dimensions including the PCI bracket, some other don't, and some measure from different points on the card. If you physically have the card, then it makes it easier as you can take your own measurements.

I've measured from the top of the PCI bracket (where you screw it in to secure it) to the case and there's appox. 45mm of space. Hopefully you can use that to determine if it'll fit, taking into account the power cable. With my current reference style GTX970, the power cable takes up around 25-30mm of space, leaving me with about 15-20mm spare at the moment. If the 1080ti fits, I may still have to get a lower profile power cable

The case is solid, well built and looks great, so I'd highly recommend it.

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
@CageyBoat @kviker I have some good news for you. I have test fitted a Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme (2nd largest card available) and everything seems to fit just nicely. Theres just enough room for the power cables to fit (~15mm). See the photos as proof

A little tight here

Just enough for the power cables

Some measurements for you to judge if your card will fit, thats 150mm to the bottom (different card to the 1080ti)

167mm from the bottom of the PCI bracket (which some manufacturers include in their 'dimensions')

cappujeano

Minimal Tinkerer
May 18, 2018
@kviker What's the SRP of this case? Recently saw one locally for sale for $170. Don't you have numbers engraved on the case, or as a card inside the box?

EDIT: I would also like to ask supported fan sizes on the bracket? Looks like it can fit 140mm fans.

Last edited:

cappujeano

Minimal Tinkerer
May 18, 2018
What is SRP? I have no idea.

No.

120 or smaller :oops:

Thanks for replying to my questions, although I have another inquiry. You stated that there's no number for each case per se. Since this is tagged as Production, how do you keep track of the units you've manufactured?

I understand that this is a custom case. But I think it would be nice to give each case a number and include it either as an engraving/embossing on the case itself or a special card. Kind of like how NFC includes a card with the case number in it.

Thanks!