Smallest itx compact build

Evilgenius

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I was brainstorming ideas and came up with a idea to build the most efficent and compact itx gaming pc with freesync.
The components:

Intel i5 8400
Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4
HDPLEX Hi-Fi 400W DC
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
Amd rx vega 56 nano
Samsung 970 evo m.2 ssd

This concept will require a custom heatsink that will be shared among the cpu and gpu, hence why i had the amd vega 56 nano in mind.

I was going to do this by stripping the fans/h3atsink from the gpu and install it via a riser cable with the gpu facing the cpu die. Inbetween the two dies, i was figuring if its possible to build a custom heatsink that can cool both processors efficently with micro fans attached on the side.
So basically the gpu i/o will be on the left, while the mb i/o will be on the back. For the casing that will be built once i have the dimensions.
I will need your input guys, i have no idea how to build a heatsink.

Evilgenius

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 15, 2018
As a starting point, check out the work of this mad man. There's some good info in the posts before and after as well.
THANKS!!! That was exactly what i was gonna do with my build :D
i believe its possible to be able to reduce the size , w micro fans and some rework around the heatsink,
and also attaching a pcie 16 connector so the nano's ports will take little space above the motherboards ports.
what do you think ?

dcbn

Average Stuffer
Aug 20, 2018
THANKS!!! That was exactly what i was gonna do with my build :D
i believe its possible to be able to reduce the size , w micro fans and some rework around the heatsink,
and also attaching a pcie 16 connector so the nano's ports will take little space above the motherboards ports.
what do you think ?
I'm tagging @duniek in case you have any doubt (he might be able to help you) as he is the one who has created what he calls as "PurePC".

Good luck! :)

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.